2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 10 - Education and Culture
Chapter 170 - Boards of Education
Section 10-233n - Report re disaggregated school discipline data.
(a) As used in this section:
(1) “Student” means a person who is enrolled in a school under the jurisdiction of a local or regional board of education;
(2) “School property” means the real property comprising a public elementary or secondary school under the jurisdiction of a local or regional board of education;
(3) “School day” means the hours in which a school is open to students for regular classroom instruction, intramural or interscholastic athletics, or extracurricular activities;
(4) “School-sponsored event” means any school activity conducted on or off school property regardless of when such school activity is conducted; and
(5) “School-based arrest” means an arrest of a student for conduct of such student on school property or at a school-sponsored event.
(b) The Department of Education shall annually examine data relating to in-school suspensions, out-of-school suspensions, expulsions and school-based arrests that has been submitted as part of the strategic school profile report pursuant to section 10-220, and shall disaggregate such data by school, race, ethnicity, gender, age, students with disabilities, English language learners, as defined in section 10-76kk, students who are eligible for free or reduced priced lunch pursuant to federal law and regulations, and type of offense for which the school-based arrests were made and the number of arrests made annually at each school within the school district. The department shall annually submit a report to the State Board of Education regarding the examination and disaggregation of such data and make the report available on the department's Internet web site.
(P.A. 15-168, S. 2.)
History: P.A. 15-168 effective July 1, 2015.