2018 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 53 - Crimes
Chapter 939 - Offenses Against the Person
- Section 53-9 and 53-10 - Degrees of murder; trial. First degree murder, other homicides; death penalty or life imprisonment.
- Section 53-10a - Persons sentenced to life imprisonment prior to October 1, 1963.
- Section 53-11 to 53-19 - Homicide or injuries to person punishable by imprisonment for life. Assault with intent to murder. Manslaughter. Maiming with intent to disfigure; robbery with violence; armed robbery. Assault with acid or other burning substance. Aggravated assault. Assault of Correction Department or Parole Board employee. Misconduct of railroad or railway servants or motor vehicle operators. Throwing or shooting at trains, engines, motor units, railroad cars; injury or destruction. Binding, or administering drugs with intent to commit crime.
- Section 53-20 - Cruelty to persons.
- Section 53-21 - Injury or risk of injury to, or impairing morals of, children. Sale of children.
- Section 53-21a - Leaving child unsupervised in place of public accommodation or motor vehicle. Failure to report disappearance of a child.
- Section 53-22 - Psychiatric examinations.
- Section 53-23 - Abandonment of child under the age of six years.
- Section 53-23a - Hazing.
- Section 53-24 to 53-33 - Taking or enticing away a child. Unlawful exhibition or employment of child. Abduction of child by either parent. Kidnapping. Assault with intent to rob. Attempt to procure miscarriage or abortion. Abortion or miscarriage: Fine. Encouraging the commission of abortion. Abortion or miscarriage inducement: Class D felony. Severability. Use of drugs or instruments to prevent conception. Penalty for unlawful operation.
- Section 53-34 - Transferred
- Section 53-34a - Deprivation of rights of physically disabled and blind; class C misdemeanor.
- Section 53-34b - Deprivation of the right to breast-feed one's child.
- Section 53-35 - Transferred
- Section 53-35a - Transferred
- Section 53-35b and 53-36 - Posting of notices. Complaint to Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities; commission may issue complaint; damages.
- Section 53-36a - Transferred
- Section 53-36b - Transferred
- Section 53-36c - Counsel for commission.
- Section 53-36d - Transferred
- Section 53-37 - Ridicule on account of creed, religion, color, denomination, nationality or race.
- Section 53-37a - Deprivation of a person's civil rights by person wearing mask or hood: Class D felony.
- Section 53-37b - Deprivation of a person's equal rights and privileges by force or threat.
- Section 53-38 - Fictitious notice of birth, marriage or death.
- Section 53-39 - Malicious prosecution.
- Section 53-39a - Indemnification of law enforcement unit members, certain special police and inspectors in the Division of Criminal Justice.
- Section 53-40 - Blackmail.
- Section 53-41 - Tattooing of persons restricted.
- Section 53-41a - Surveillance devices in dressing rooms prohibited.
- Section 53-41b - Ear piercing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.