2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 53 - Crimes
Chapter 941 - Offenses Against Private Property
- Section 53-56 to 53-80 - Theft from the person. Theft of motor vehicle, bicycle or livestock. Shoplifting. Theft, counterfeiting or embezzlement of passage tickets. Receiving stolen goods. Robbery, burglary, breaking and entering, generally. Use of explosives.
- Section 53-80a - Manufacture of bombs.
- Section 53-81 to 53-129 - Wilful injury to private building. Damage to materials of construction project. Arson, generally. Illegal burning and dumping. Injury to or obstruction of railroads or navigation. Trespass, generally. Other offenses.
- Section 53-129a - Defrauding secured party.
- Section 53-129b - Concealment or conveyance of leased property.
- Section 53-130 - Concealing or destroying attached property.
- Section 53-131 - Removal of identifying marks on electrical devices.
- Section 53-132 - Sale of equipment with defective identification marks.
- Section 53-132a - Altering manufacturer’s serial number.
- Section 53-133 - Unlawful alteration or disposal of rental electric storage batteries.
- Section 53-134 - Possession of outboard motor having defaced factory or engine number.
- Section 53-135 to 53-142 - Unlawful appropriation of electric current. Fraudulent diversion or use of water. Defrauding gas companies or public hospitals. Unauthorized performance of certain compositions. Tapping telegraph or telephone wires. Unlawful sale of railroad tickets. Unlawful gait of animals on bridges.
- Section 53-142a - Illegal sale or possession of master car key.
- Section 53-142b - Transferral, sale or use of records, tapes, film, cassettes or discs without owner’s consent, or supplying machinery for reproduction thereof, prohibited. Exceptions.
- Section 53-142c - Manufacture, sale or distribution of records, tapes, cassettes or discs without identification marks prohibited.
- Section 53-142d - Penalties for violations of sections 53-142b, 53-142c.
- Section 53-142e - Transferred
- Section 53-142f - Possession of unauthorized recordings prohibited.
- Section 53-142g to 53-142i - Reserved for future use.
- Section 53-142j - (Formerly Sec. 53-142e). Destruction, delay or opening of letters and packages by private messenger or courier service prohibited.
- Section 53-142k - Organized retail theft.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.