2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802d - Connecticut Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
Section 45a-557a - Definitions.
For purposes of sections 45a-557 to 45a-560b, inclusive:
(1) “Adult” means an individual who has attained the age of twenty-one years.
(2) “Broker” means a person lawfully engaged in the business of effecting transactions in securities or commodities for the person’s own account or for the account of others.
(3) “Court” means Probate Court.
(4) “Custodial property” means (A) any interest in property transferred to a custodian under sections 45a-557 to 45a-560b, inclusive, and (B) the income from and proceeds of that interest in property.
(5) “Custodian” means a person so designated under section 45a-558f or a successor or substitute custodian designated under section 45a-559c.
(6) “Financial institution” means a bank, trust company, a savings institution or credit union, chartered and supervised under state or federal law.
(7) “Guardian” means a person appointed or qualified by a court to act as guardian of a minor’s estate or a person legally authorized to perform substantially the same functions.
(8) “Legal representative” means any court appointed fiduciary, including, but not limited to, a guardian, conservator, executor or administrator. A legal representative does not include a guardian ad litem.
(9) “Member of the minor’s family” means the minor’s parent, stepparent, spouse, grandparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt, whether of whole or half blood or by adoption.
(10) “Minor” means an individual who has not attained the age of twenty-one years.
(11) “Person” means an individual, corporation, organization or other legal entity.
(12) “Personal representative” means an executor, administrator, successor personal representative or temporary administrator of a decedent’s estate or person legally authorized to perform substantially the same functions.
(13) “State” includes any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and any territory or possession subject to the legislative authority of the United States.
(14) “Transfer” means a transaction that creates custodial property under section 45a-558f.
(15) “Transferor” means a person who makes a transfer under sections 45a-557 to 45a-560b, inclusive.
(16) “Trust company” means a financial institution, corporation or other legal entity authorized to exercise general trust powers.
(P.A. 95-117, S. 2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.