2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802c - Trusts
TRUSTS AND TRUSTEES IN GENERAL
- Section 45a-471 - * (Formerly Sec. 45-213c). Trustee to receive proceeds of pension, retirement, death benefit and profit-sharing plans.
- Section 45a-472 - Trustee to receive proceeds of pension, retirement, death benefit and profit-sharing plans.
- Section 45a-473 - (Formerly Sec. 45-83). Bonds of testamentary trustees.
- Section 45a-474 - (Formerly Sec. 45-84). Vacancies in office of trustee.
- Section 45a-475 - (Formerly Sec. 45-85). Filling of vacancy in town or county trusteeship. Duties of town’s successor trustee.
- Section 45a-476 - (Formerly Sec. 45-86). Legal title vests in trustee appointed to fill vacancy.
- Section 45a-477 - (Formerly Sec. 45-90). Foreign trustee’s custody of trust estate. Jurisdiction of Probate Court over trusts created by nondomiciliaries.
- Section 45a-478 - (Formerly Sec. 45-87). Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee’s rights and duties. Procedure if person reappears.
- Section 45a-479 - (Formerly Sec. 45-92). Suspension of fiduciary powers during armed forces service.
- Section 45a-480 - (Formerly Sec. 45-91). Income from property acquired by trustee by conveyance or foreclosure when mortgage formerly held by trustee.
- Section 45a-481 - (Formerly Sec. 45-93). Distribution by testamentary trustee upon completion of trust.
- Section 45a-482 - (Formerly Sec. 45-93a). Distribution of assets of inoperative trust.
- Section 45a-483 - (Formerly Sec. 45-94). Settlement of trust estate when beneficiary has been absent seven years.
- Section 45a-484 - (Formerly Sec. 45-79c). Termination of small trusts.
- Section 45a-485 - Superior Court or Probate Court jurisdiction to reform instrument to ensure allowance of marital deduction. Qualified domestic trust.
- Section 45a-486 - Termination of inter vivos trust when settlor or spouse is an applicant for or recipient of medical assistance.
- Section 45a-487 - Powers of trustees who are trust beneficiaries.
- Section 45a-487a - Beneficiary interests in trust matters: Definitions.
- Section 45a-487b - Representation by holder of power of appointment.
- Section 45a-487c - Representation by court-appointed conservator or guardian, agent, trustee, executor or administrator, or parent.
- Section 45a-487d - Representation of minor, incapacitated or unborn individual or person whose identity or location is unknown.
- Section 45a-487e - Appointment of guardian ad litem by court, when. Powers.
- Section 45a-487f - Notice and consent re representation and binding another person.
- Section 45a-488 - Division of trust for benefit of beneficiaries. Approval by beneficiaries required.
- Section 45a-489 - Title and beneficial interest in property held in trust not merged nor trust invalidated, when.
- Section 45a-489a - Trust to provide for care of animal: Creation. Administration. Jurisdiction. Termination.
UNIFORM STATUTORY RULEAGAINST PERPETUITIES
- Section 45a-490 - Short title: Uniform Statutory Rule Against Perpetuities.
- Section 45a-491 - Statutory rule against perpetuities.
- Section 45a-492 - When nonvested property interest or power of appointment created.
- Section 45a-493 - Reformation.
- Section 45a-494 - Exclusions from statutory rule against perpetuities.
- Section 45a-495 - Prospective application.
- Section 45a-496 - Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 45a-497 to 45a-501 - Reserved for future use.
CONSTRUCTION OF TRUSTS AND LIMITATIONSOF RULE AGAINST PERPETUITIES
- Section 45a-502 - (Formerly Sec. 45-96a). “Majority” defined for trusts executed prior to October 1, 1972.
- Section 45a-503 - (Formerly Sec. 45-95). Rule against perpetuities. “Second look” doctrine.
- Section 45a-504 - (Formerly Sec. 45-96). Reduction of age contingency to preserve interest.
- Section 45a-505 - (Formerly Sec. 45-97). Fee simple determinable or subject to right of entry to become absolute, when.
- Section 45a-506 - (Formerly Sec. 45-98). Limitations not invalidated, when.
- Section 45a-507 - (Formerly Sec. 45-99). Application of rule.
- Section 45a-508 - (Formerly Sec. 45-100). Exemption of certain employees’ trust funds from the rule against perpetuities.
- Section 45a-509 to 45a-513 - Reserved for future use.
- Section 45a-514 - (Formerly Sec. 45-79). Charitable trusts.
- Section 45a-515 - (Formerly Sec. 45-80). Charitable uses determined by trustee, when.
- Section 45a-516 - (Formerly Sec. 45-81). Gifts to charitable community trust.
- Section 45a-517 - (Formerly Sec. 45-82). Community trustees to render annual accounts. Hearing on adjustment and allowance.
- Section 45a-518 - Reserved for future use.
- Section 45a-519 - (Formerly Sec. 45-79a). Superior Court or Probate Court jurisdiction to reform instruments to federal tax requirements.
- Section 45a-520 - (Formerly Sec. 45-79b). Termination of charitable trusts.
- Section 45a-521 - Superior Court or Probate Court jurisdiction to reform charitable remainder unitrust re payment.
- Section 45a-522 to 45a-525 - Reserved for future use.
CONNECTICUT UNIFORM PRUDENT MANAGEMENTOF INSTITUTIONAL FUNDS ACT
- Section 45a-526 to 45a-529 - (Formerly Secs. 45-100h to 45-100k). Short title: Uniform Management of Institutional Funds Act. Definitions. Expenditure of net appreciation, standards. Exception and restriction on expenditure of net appreciation; construction.
- Section 45a-529a and 45a-529b - Accumulation of annual net income, standards. Exception and restriction on accumulation of annual net income; construction.
- Section 45a-530 to 45a-534 - (Formerly Secs. 45-100l to 45-100p). Investment of institutional funds. Delegation of powers of investment. Standards applicable to actions of governing board. Release of restriction in gift instrument: Written consent, court order; limitations; doctrine of cy pres applicable. Construction.
- Section 45a-535 - Short title: Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act.
- Section 45a-535a - Definitions.
- Section 45a-535b - Standard of conduct in managing and investing institutional funds.
- Section 45a-535c - Appropriation for expenditure or accumulation of endowment fund. Factors in making a determination to appropriate or accumulate. Rules of construction.
- Section 45a-535d - Delegation of management and investment of institutional fund.
- Section 45a-535e - Release or modification of restrictions contained in gift instrument on management, investment or purpose of institutional fund.
- Section 45a-535f - Determination of compliance with act.
- Section 45a-535g - Application to existing institutional funds.
- Section 45a-535h - Relation of act to Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
- Section 45a-535i - Uniformity of application and construction of act.
- Section 45a-536 to 45a-539 - Reserved for future use.
POWERS IN TRUST INSTRUMENTS ACT
CONNECTICUT UNIFORM PRUDENT INVESTOR ACT
- Section 45a-541 - Short title: Connecticut Uniform Prudent Investor Act.
- Section 45a-541a - Prudent investor rule.
- Section 45a-541b - Standard of care. Portfolio strategy. Risk and return objectives.
- Section 45a-541c - Diversification.
- Section 45a-541d - Duties at inception of trusteeship.
- Section 45a-541e - Loyalty.
- Section 45a-541f - Impartiality.
- Section 45a-541g - Investment costs.
- Section 45a-541h - Reviewing compliance.
- Section 45a-541i - Delegation of investment and management functions.
- Section 45a-541j - Language invoking standards of act.
- Section 45a-541k - Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 45a-541l - Applicability.
CONNECTICUT UNIFORM PRINCIPAL AND INCOME ACT
- Section 45a-542 - Short title: Connecticut Principal and Income Act.
- Section 45a-542a - Definitions.
- Section 45a-542aa - Transfers from income to reimburse principal.
- Section 45a-542b - Fiduciary duties.
- Section 45a-542bb - Income taxes.
- Section 45a-542c - Trustee’s power to adjust.
- Section 45a-542cc - Adjustments between principal and income as result of taxes.
- Section 45a-542d - Determination and distribution of income interest of decedent’s estate or in trust after trust ends.
- Section 45a-542dd - Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 45a-542e - Distribution to beneficiaries.
- Section 45a-542ee - Severability clause.
- Section 45a-542f - Right to income.
- Section 45a-542ff - Application to existing trust or decedent’s estate.
- Section 45a-542g - Apportionment of receipts and disbursements when decedent dies or interest income begins.
- Section 45a-542h - Apportionment when income interest ends.
- Section 45a-542i - Character of receipts.
- Section 45a-542j - Distribution from trust or estate.
- Section 45a-542k - Business and other activities conducted by trustee.
- Section 45a-542l - Principal receipts.
- Section 45a-542m - Rental property.
- Section 45a-542n - Obligation to pay money.
- Section 45a-542o - Insurance policies and similar contracts.
- Section 45a-542p - Insubstantial allocations not required.
- Section 45a-542q - Deferred compensation, annuities and similar payments. Separate funds.
- Section 45a-542r - Liquidating asset.
- Section 45a-542s - Minerals, water and other natural resources.
- Section 45a-542t - Timber.
- Section 45a-542u - Property not productive of income.
- Section 45a-542v - Derivatives and options.
- Section 45a-542w - Asset-backed securities.
- Section 45a-542x - Disbursements from income.
- Section 45a-542y - Disbursements from principal.
- Section 45a-542z - Transfers from income to principal for depreciation.
- Section 45a-543 - Determination by court re abuse of discretion by fiduciary.
- Section 45a-544 and 45a-545 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.