2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802b - Decedents’ Estates
Section 45a-297 - (Formerly Sec. 45-188). Procedure if will is found after partial settlement.

CT Gen Stat § 45a-297 (2015) What's This?

When it appears to any court of probate, during proceedings before it for the settlement of the estate of a deceased person as an intestate estate, that such deceased person left a will, the court shall have power to revoke any order or decree granting letters of administration upon such estate and any other order or decree made by the court in the settlement of such estate as an intestate estate. The court may thereafter proceed with the settlement of such estate under such will, upon notice to all parties in interest as required in the settlement of testate estates. The acts already done in good faith before the court revokes the order or decree granting administration by the administrator of such estate in the settlement thereof shall be deemed valid to the same extent as if such letters had not been revoked. If an inventory and appraisal have been returned to the court by such administrator, a further inventory or appraisal shall not be required, except of property not included in such inventory. If an order limiting the time for the presentation of claims against such estate has been passed and published, further time shall not be required to be given for presentation of such claims.

(1949 Rev., S. 6976; P.A. 80-476, S. 253.)

History: P.A. 80-476 restated provisions but made no substantive change; Sec. 45-188 transferred to Sec. 45a-297 in 1991.

Annotations to former section 45-188:

Cited. 114 C. 545. Administrator removed upon admission of will has no interest entitling him to appeal. 117 C. 201. Probate decree admitting will to probate and granting administration c.t.a. implicitly revoked and terminated the prior intestate administration of plaintiff. 167 C. 396.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.