There is a newer version of the Connecticut General Statutes
2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 38a - Insurance
Chapter 705 - Connecticut Insurance Information and Privacy Protection Act
- Section 38a-975 - (Formerly Sec. 38-500). Short title: Connecticut Insurance Information and Privacy Protection Act.
- Section 38a-976 - (Formerly Sec. 38-501). Definitions.
- Section 38a-977 - (Formerly Sec. 38-502). Applicability. Exceptions.
- Section 38a-978 - (Formerly Sec. 38-503). Use of pretext interviews.
- Section 38a-979 - (Formerly Sec. 38-504). Notice of insurance information practices.
- Section 38a-980 - (Formerly Sec. 38-505). Insurer to specify questions for marketing or research purposes.
- Section 38a-981 - (Formerly Sec. 38-506). Content of disclosure authorization forms. Disclosure of health benefits to exclusive bargaining agent or subgroup of a multi-bargaining-unit group.
- Section 38a-982 - (Formerly Sec. 38-507). Investigative consumer reports.
- Section 38a-983 - (Formerly Sec. 38-508). Access to recorded personal information.
- Section 38a-984 - (Formerly Sec. 38-509). Correction, amendment or deletion of recorded personal information.
- Section 38a-985 - (Formerly Sec. 38-510). Insurer to provide its reasons for adverse underwriting decisions.
- Section 38a-986 - (Formerly Sec. 38-511). Information concerning previous adverse underwriting decisions and coverage through residual market mechanisms.
- Section 38a-987 - (Formerly Sec. 38-512). Insurer prohibited from considering previous adverse underwriting decision or past residual market mechanism coverage.
- Section 38a-988 - (Formerly Sec. 38-513). Disclosure limitations and conditions.
- Section 38a-988a - Sale of individually identifiable medical record information prohibited. Written consent re disclosure for marketing purposes. Exceptions. Cause of action for violations.
- Section 38a-989 - (Formerly Sec. 38-514). Powers of commissioner.
- Section 38a-990 - (Formerly Sec. 38-515). Hearings; subpoenas; service of process.
- Section 38a-991 - (Formerly Sec. 38-516). Insurance-support organizations to appoint commissioner to accept service of process.
- Section 38a-992 - (Formerly Sec. 38-517). Commissioner to prepare findings.
- Section 38a-993 - (Formerly Sec. 38-518). Penalties.
- Section 38a-994 - (Formerly Sec. 38-519). Appeals from orders.
- Section 38a-995 - (Formerly Sec. 38-520). Individual remedies.
- Section 38a-996 - (Formerly Sec. 38-521). Immunity.
- Section 38a-997 - (Formerly Sec. 38-522). Obtaining information under false pretenses. Fine.
- Section 38a-998 - (Formerly Sec. 38-523). Severability.
- Section 38a-999 - Written policies, standards and procedures re medical record information.
- Section 38a-999a - Disclosure of individually identifiable medical record information with malicious intent prohibited. Penalty.
- Section 38a-999b - Comprehensive information security program to safeguard personal information. Certification. Notice requirements for actual or suspected breach. Penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.