2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 20 - Professional and Occupational Licensing, Certification, Title Protection and Registration. Examining Boards
Chapter 400j - Pharmacy
COMMISSION OF PHARMACY. POWERS AND DUTIES
- Section 20-570 - Short title: Pharmacy Practice Act.
- Section 20-571 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184a). Definitions.
- Section 20-572 - (Formerly Sec. 20-163). Commission of Pharmacy. Appointment and term of members.
- Section 20-573 - (Formerly Sec. 20-165). Meetings of commission. Records.
- Section 20-574 - (Formerly Sec. 20-164a). General supervision by Commissioner of Consumer Protection.
- Section 20-575 - Powers and responsibilities.
- Section 20-576 - (Formerly Sec. 20-164). Regulations.
- Section 20-577 - (Formerly Sec. 20-179). Employment of inspectors by Commissioner of Consumer Protection; duties. Inspection of correctional, juvenile training and care-giving institutions, dispensing outpatient facilities, institutional and retail pharmacies by commissioner.
- Section 20-578 - (Formerly Sec. 21a-306). Information not to be disclosed. Exception.
- Section 20-579 - (Formerly Sec. 20-175). Causes for suspension, revocation or refusal to issue or renew licenses, temporary permits and registrations and for assessment of civil penalty.
- Section 20-580 - (Formerly Sec. 20-167). Revocation or suspension of nonlegend drug permit.
- Section 20-581 - (Formerly Sec. 20-185). Penalty for violation of Pharmacy Practice Act. Exception.
- Section 20-582 - (Formerly Sec. 20-176). Appeals of decisions of Commission of Pharmacy.
- Section 20-583 - Where appeals returnable.
- Section 20-584 to 20-589 - Reserved for future use.
LICENSING OF PHARMACISTS AND PHARMACIES.REGISTRATION OF PHARMACY INTERNSAND PHARMACY TECHNICIANS
- Section 20-590 - (Formerly Sec. 20-170). Issuance of license or temporary permit to practice pharmacy; requirements.
- Section 20-591 - Graduates of foreign pharmacy schools. Regulations.
- Section 20-592 - Licensure of individual who is a licensed pharmacist in another state or jurisdiction.
- Section 20-593 - (Formerly Sec. 20-172). Pharmacist license certificate; expiration; renewal; fee; display document.
- Section 20-594 - (Formerly Sec. 20-168). Pharmacy license; application; information required; issuance or renewal of license; expiration. Transfer of pharmacy to new location.
- Section 20-595 - (Formerly Sec. 20-168a). Pharmacy licenses held by corporations. Notice of change in officers or directors.
- Section 20-596 - (Formerly Sec. 20-168b). Ownership of pharmacies by prescribing practitioners.
- Section 20-597 - (Formerly Sec. 20-169). Pharmacy to be supervised and managed by pharmacist. Regulations re prescription department. Change in management, ownership or name of pharmacy.
- Section 20-598 - (Formerly Sec. 20-177). Registration of pharmacy interns.
- Section 20-598a - Registration and certification of pharmacy technicians.
- Section 20-599 - (Formerly Sec. 20-174a). Continuing education: Definitions.
- Section 20-600 - (Formerly Sec. 20-174b). Continuing education: Requirements; renewal of licenses; regulations.
- Section 20-601 - Fees.
- Section 20-602 to 20-604 - Reserved for future use.
PRACTICE OF PHARMACY
- Section 20-605 - Practice of pharmacy without license or temporary permit prohibited.
- Section 20-606 - (Formerly Sec. 20-178). Use of the title “pharmacist”.
- Section 20-607 - (Formerly Sec. 20-173). Certificate of license, temporary permit or registration to be available for inspection.
- Section 20-608 - (Formerly Sec. 20-174). Use of certificate of license, temporary permit or display document by unlicensed person prohibited.
- Section 20-609 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184). Pharmacy license to be posted. Business which is not a pharmacy prohibited from using words, displays or symbols indicating it is a pharmacy; exemption.
- Section 20-609a - Use of electronic technology or telepharmacy by hospital. Quality assurance evaluations.
- Section 20-610 - (Formerly Sec. 20-166). Dispensing or retail sale of legend drugs, legend devices and certain other drugs by other than pharmacies and hospitals, prohibited.
- Section 20-611 - (Formerly Sec. 20-175b). Advertising legend drug prices.
- Section 20-612 - Only pharmacy may accept prescription for dispensing.
- Section 20-612a - Confirmation of identification prior to release of controlled substance. Exceptions.
- Section 20-613 - (Formerly Sec. 21a-308). Dispensing of drug or legend device pursuant to prescription only; exceptions. Emergency dispensing of drug or device in care-giving, correctional or juvenile training institutions; regulations. Pharmacy technicians. Prescribing practitioner authorized to dispense own prescription, when.
- Section 20-613a - Requests for controlled substance issued on results of answers to electronic questionnaire. Regulations.
- Section 20-614 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184b). Prescriptions: Form and content. Electronic data intermediaries.
- Section 20-615 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184c). Prescriptions: Pharmacy to assign serial number and maintain records. Transfer of records to another pharmacy.
- Section 20-616 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184d). Prescriptions: Refills; transfers.
PRACTICE OF PHARMACY
- Section 20-616a - Prescription refills for quantity of drug greater than initial quantity prescribed. Conditions.
PRACTICE OF PHARMACY
- Section 20-617 - (Formerly Sec. 20-184e). Prescriptions: Notation of drug quantity, expiration date, generic name and drug manufacturer and MedWatch program information. Label information for generic drug substitutions.
- Section 20-617a - Flavoring agent added to prescription product.
- Section 20-618 - (Formerly Sec. 21a-107). Repackaged drugs not considered misbranded, when.
- Section 20-619 - (Formerly Sec. 20-185a). Substitution of generic drugs. Regulations.
- Section 20-620 - (Formerly Sec. 20-185g). Pharmacist’s duties towards Medicaid recipients: To obtain, record and maintain pertinent patient information about the recipient; to undertake a review of the drugs previously dispensed to the recipient and to offer to discuss the drugs to be dispensed and to counsel the recipient on their correct usage. Exception.
- Section 20-621 - (Formerly Sec. 20-185h). Relabeling and dispensing of parenteral medication in hospital and nursing home pharmacies: When allowed.
- Section 20-622 - (Formerly Sec. 20-180a). Licensed practitioners may authorize medication to be dispensed from a hospital emergency room.
- Section 20-623 - Sale of nonlegend drugs. Labels, packaging and contents. Penalty.
- Section 20-624 - Permit to sell nonlegend drugs.
- Section 20-625 - Nonlegend veterinary drugs.
- Section 20-626 - Confidentiality of pharmacy records.
- Section 20-627 - Nonresident pharmacy. Definitions. Certificate of registration. Requirements.
- Section 20-628 - Shipping, mailing or delivering legend devices or drugs.
- Section 20-629 - Denial, revocation or suspension of nonresident pharmacy certificate of registration. Referral by commission.
- Section 20-630 - Advertising.
- Section 20-631 - Collaborative drug therapy management agreements between pharmacists and physicians. Scope. Pharmacist competency requirements. Regulations.
- Section 20-631a - Collaborative drug management agreements between pharmacists employed by community pharmacies and one or more physicians. Pilot program.
- Section 20-631b - Collaborative drug therapy management agreements entered into prior to October 1, 2010.
- Section 20-632 - Regulatory action report re disciplinary action against persons with controlled substance registrations and sanctions against pharmacists or pharmacies.
- Section 20-633 - Administration of vaccines by licensed pharmacists. Regulations.
- Section 20-633a - Pharmacy rewards program. Plain language summary. Violation.
- Section 20-633b - Sterile compounding pharmacies. Requirements. Regulations.
PRACTICE OF PHARMACY
PRACTICE OF PHARMACY
- Section 20-634 - Reserved for future use.
PRESCRIPTION ERROR REPORTING
- Section 20-635 - Prescription error reporting. Definitions. Informational signs and statements. Regulations. Nondisclosure of records.
- Section 20-636 to 20-639 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.