2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 20 - Professional and Occupational Licensing, Certification, Title Protection and Registration. Examining Boards
Chapter 400 - Home Improvement Contractors
- Section 20-418 - Short title: Home Improvement Act.
- Section 20-419 - Definitions.
- Section 20-420 - Registration of contractors and salesmen required. Contractors performing radon mitigation. Contractors performing removal or replacement of residential underground heating oil storage tank systems.
- Section 20-420a - Procedures for registration.
- Section 20-421 - Application for registration. Fees.
- Section 20-422 - Certificate of registration; when issued; refused; revoked; suspended. Bond requirement.
- Section 20-423 - Hearing on denial of certificate. Subsequent application.
- Section 20-424 - Investigations. Powers of commissioner. Injunctions.
- Section 20-425 - Transferred
- Section 20-426 - Revocation, suspension or refusal to issue or renew registration; grounds.
- Section 20-426a - Posting of bond by contractor.
- Section 20-427 - Holder to exhibit and advertise certificate, when. Prohibited acts. Penalties. Certificates not transferable. Expiration. Renewal. Building permits.
- Section 20-427a - Failure to register. Failure to pay Home Improvement Guaranty Fund fee. Commercial motor vehicle registration nonrenewal. Appeal.
- Section 20-428 - Exemptions.
- Section 20-429 - Required contract provisions. Negative option provisions prohibited. Contract considered home solicitation sale. Contractor-financed contract. Recovery of payment for work performed.
- Section 20-429a - Certain solicitation practices prohibited.
- Section 20-430 - Commissioner to adopt regulations.
- Section 20-431 - (Formerly Sec. 20-425). Appeals.
- Section 20-432 - Home Improvement Guaranty Fund.
- Section 20-433 and 20-434 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.