2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 20 - Professional and Occupational Licensing, Certification, Title Protection and Registration. Examining Boards
Chapter 397a - Audiologists
Section 20-395g - Audiology assistants: Supervision requirements; prohibited activities.
(a) An audiology assistant shall work under the direct, on-site supervision of a licensed audiologist. An audiologist supervising an audiology assistant shall assume responsibility for all services provided by the assistant.
(b) An audiology assistant may not engage in any of the following activities:
(1) Interpreting obtained observations or data into diagnostic statements of clinical management or procedures;
(2) Determining case selection;
(3) Transmitting clinical information including data or impressions relative to client performance, behavior or progress, whether verbally or in writing, to anyone other than the audiologist;
(4) Independently composing clinical reports except for progress notes to be held in the patient’s file;
(5) Referring a patient to other agencies; or
(6) Using any title, either verbally or in writing, other than that determined by the audiologist or any title implying that the individual is licensed as an audiologist.
(P.A. 09-232, S. 59.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.