2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 20 - Professional and Occupational Licensing, Certification, Title Protection and Registration. Examining Boards
Chapter 389 - Public Accountants
- Section 20-279 and 20-279a - Board of Accountancy. Definitions.
- Section 20-279b - Definitions.
- Section 20-280 - Board of Accountancy. Members’ terms. Meetings. Seal. Maintenance of registry. Reimbursement of expenses. Printing of directory. Powers. Adoption of rules. Regulations.
- Section 20-280a - Comptroller to perform fiscal duties of and provide clerical assistance to board.
- Section 20-280b - Hearing. Order to discontinue violation. Civil penalty.
- Section 20-280c - Investigation of complaints.
- Section 20-280d - Investigation of applicant’s qualifications. Administration of examinations. Rosters.
- Section 20-280e - Connecticut Certified Public Accountant’s Certificate: Issuance, qualifications, requirements, prohibitions.
- Section 20-281 - Permit to practice. Quality review.
- Section 20-281a - Revocation or suspension of certificate, license, practice privilege or permit. Refusal to renew. Civil penalty. Probation. Reasons therefor.
- Section 20-281b - Licenses and permits to practice public accountancy issued prior to October 1, 1992. Renewal requirements. Titles.
- Section 20-281c - Certificate of certified public accountant. Good character, education, experience and examination requirements. Examination fee. Registration of certificate. Registration fee.
- Section 20-281d - Issuance of initial license to persons and license renewal. Holders of certificates from other states. Continuing education requirements. Fees. Applicants’ disclosure requirements.
- Section 20-281e - Granting of initial permit to practice public accountancy to firms. Permit renewal. Annual fee. Disclosure requirements. Exemptions to permit requirement for out-of-state firms.
- Section 20-281f - Suspension or revocation of registration, certificate, license, practice privilege or permit. Refusal to renew. Reinstatement.
- Section 20-281g - Prohibition against issuing report or offering or rendering attest or compilation services without valid license or permit. Exceptions. Use of titles restricted.
- Section 20-281h - Violations. Fine or imprisonment.
- Section 20-281i - Evidence of commission of single prohibited act sufficient to justify penalty, injunction, restraining order or conviction.
- Section 20-281j - Confidentiality of client information.
- Section 20-281k - Statements, records, schedules, working papers and memoranda incident to practice of public accountancy. Return of original records. Retention of certain workpaper.
- Section 20-281l - Contingent fees and referrals.
- Section 20-281m - Contingent fees.
- Section 20-281n - Practice privilege: Qualifications; rendering of services in this state; conditions of privilege; disciplinary action; determining substantial equivalency.
- Section 20-282 to 20-287 - Certified public accountants; examination and fees; reciprocity. Limited permits; regulations. Authority for veterans to practice as public accountants; qualifications; time limit for issuance. Licenses, renewal; fee. Practice of accountancy by professional corporations. Use of titles restricted. Regulations re revocation or suspension of certificate, authority, license or permit; reissuance; appeal. Excepted persons.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.