2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 20 - Professional and Occupational Licensing, Certification, Title Protection and Registration. Examining Boards
Chapter 381 - Opticians
- Section 20-139 - Purpose and legislative policy.
- Section 20-139a - Board of Examiners for Opticians.
- Section 20-140 - Commission of Opticians. Appointment and qualifications.
- Section 20-140a - Receipts credited to General Fund.
- Section 20-141 - Powers and duties of board and commissioner.
- Section 20-142 - Meetings of commission.
- Section 20-143 - Commissioner may employ inspectors. Duties of inspectors.
- Section 20-144 - Compensation and expenses of commission. Executive secretary.
- Section 20-145 - Definition of licensed optician.
- Section 20-146 - Licensed opticians; examinations, continuing education requirements. Licensure without examination.
- Section 20-146a - Registration of inmates as apprentices. Credit toward licensure.
- Section 20-147 - Waiver of requirements in case of veterans.
- Section 20-147a - Students enrolled in opticianry programs.
- Section 20-148 - Qualifications of assistant licensed opticians and assistant mechanical opticians.
- Section 20-149 - License fees. Renewal.
- Section 20-150 - Where optical goods may be sold. Exception. Unfair trade practice.
- Section 20-151 - Optical selling permits.
- Section 20-152 - Optical retail vendor permit.
- Section 20-153 - Optical permit. Product; standards of quality.
- Section 20-153a - Lens and frame requirements.
- Section 20-154 - Regulations concerning licenses and permits. Disciplinary action; grounds.
- Section 20-155 - Complaints concerning license or permit holders.
- Section 20-156 - Appeal.
- Section 20-157 - License and permit to be conspicuously displayed.
- Section 20-158 - Restricted use of license or permit.
- Section 20-159 - Apprentices to register; certification by employer.
- Section 20-160 - Deceptive ownership or management of optical establishments. Misuse of designations.
- Section 20-161 - Penalty.
- Section 20-162 - Exceptions for certified optometrists and physicians and surgeons.
- Section 20-162a to 20-162m - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.