2014 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 4 - Management of State Agencies
Chapter 46 - State Appointive Officers
- Section 4-1 - Appointed officers; term; compensation and expenses.
- Section 4-1a - Appointed officers, unspecified terms.
- Section 4-2 - When nominations are to be made.
- Section 4-3 - Term of office of legislative appointees.
- Section 4-4 - Term of office of executive appointees.
- Section 4-5 - “Department head” defined.
- Section 4-6 - Appointment and term of department heads.
- Section 4-7 - Confirmation or rejection of nominations by house of General Assembly. Vacancy appointment.
- Section 4-8 - Qualifications, powers and duties of department heads.
- Section 4-9 - Governor to commission officers.
- Section 4-9a - Appointment of chairpersons and executive directors of boards and commissions. Public members; proportion; definitions; exception. Members; terms.
- Section 4-9b - Membership of boards, commissions, committees and councils: Qualifications, gender and racial diversity required considerations. Report. Right of action.
- Section 4-9c - Confirmation process for appointments to Board of Trustees of The University of Connecticut and Board of Regents for Higher Education.
- Section 4-9d - Designation of replacement members on governmental bodies. When required officials unable or choose not to serve.
- Section 4-10 - Appointments to state boards and commissions; lists.
- Section 4-11 - Suspension of administrative officers.
- Section 4-12 - Removal of officer, commissioner or deputy.
- Section 4-12a - Governor’s powers of suspension or removal under sections 4-11 and 4-12 not applicable to deputies appointed by department heads.
- Section 4-13 - Subpoenas.
- Section 4-13a - Appearance of assistant on subpoena of state officer.
- Section 4-14 - Transportation allowance for state officers, auditors and Governor’s executive secretary.
- Section 4-15 - Expenses of state officers and employees.
- Section 4-16 - Expenses paid by the state.
- Section 4-16a - Indemnification of commissioners.
- Section 4-17 - Meeting attendance of trustees or directors of state-aided institutions.
- Section 4-18 - Resignations of state officers.
- Section 4-19 - Appointments to fill vacancies.
- Section 4-20 - Bonding of state officers and employees.
- Section 4-21 - Commissioners empowered to take acknowledgment of deeds and other instruments for Connecticut.
- Section 4-22 - State chemists.
- Section 4-23 - Fees of state chemist.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.