2013 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 7 - Municipalities
Chapter 113 - Municipal Employees
- Section 7-407 - Method of adoption.
- Section 7-408 - Civil service board; appointment; terms of office; removal.
- Section 7-409 - Purpose of part. Rules.
- Section 7-410 - Civil service board; president; chief examiner.
- Section 7-411 - Classification of officers and employees.
- Section 7-412 - Publication of rules.
- Section 7-413 - Examination of applicants. Certification.
- Section 7-414 - Classified service; eligible list; promotion.
- Section 7-415 - Credit allowances to veterans in examinations for original appointment.
- Section 7-416 - Appointments.
- Section 7-417 - Probation; notice of appointment or of creation or abolition of office.
- Section 7-418 - Inmates of institutions excepted.
- Section 7-419 - Removal of officers or employees.
- Section 7-420 - Interference with or false grading of applicants.
- Section 7-421 - Political activities of classified municipal employees. Candidacy of municipal employees for elective office. Leaves of absence. Service on governmental bodies of the town in which the employee resides.
- Section 7-421a - Inconsistent statutory or charter provisions.
- Section 7-421b - Limitation on restrictions of political rights of municipal employees.
- Section 7-422 - Personnel appeals board. Appeal to Superior Court.
- Section 7-423 - Technical services by Department of Administrative Services.
- Section 7-424 - Penalty.
- Section 7-425 - *(See end of section for amended versions of subdivisions (1) to (3), inclusive, and effective date.) Definitions.
- Section 7-427 - *(See end of section for amended version of subsection (a) and effective date.) Participation by municipalities.
- Section 7-427a - Enrollment procedures for employees of regional work force development boards. Rights of previously retired members unaffected. Transfer of contributions.
- Section 7-427b - Credit for prior service with private industry council or regional work force development board.
- Section 7-428 - Retirement on account of length of service and age.
- Section 7-429 - Retirement of elective officers.
- Section 7-430 - Involuntary retirement; temporary retention.
- Section 7-431 - Separation from service before voluntary retirement age.
- Section 7-432 - Disability retirement: Application; continuance; calculation of income. Reconsideration.
- Section 7-433 and 7-433a - Disability or death of firemen or policemen caused by hypertension or heart disease.
- Section 7-433b - Survivors’ benefits for firemen and policemen. Maximum cumulative payment.
- Section 7-433c - Benefits for policemen or firemen disabled or dead as a result of hypertension or heart disease.
- Section 7-433d - Injury or death of fireman while engaged in fire duties with another company.
- Section 7-434 - Continuity of service.
- Section 7-434a - Continuation of membership during service as elected official.
- Section 7-435 - Retirement benefits for members of fund A.
- Section 7-436 - Retirement benefits for members of fund B. Monthly allowance for Old Age and Survivors Insurance System members.
- Section 7-436a - Exclusion of period when service was eligible for special act pension system in computation of retirement credit. Inclusion of certain periods of such service.
- Section 7-436b - Credit for military service for members of fund B.
- Section 7-437 - Retirement allowance and Social Security benefits to equal sum payable under retirement system alone, when.
- Section 7-438 - Continuation of retirement allowance upon other public employment. Participation in state retirement system. Reemployment by participating municipality.
- Section 7-439 and 7-439a - Optional form of retirement allowance. Survivorship benefits for spouses of certain employees who had not exercised the option.
- Section 7-439b - Cost of living adjustment to retirement allowance.
- Section 7-439c - Discharge of liability for increases of retirement allowance.
- Section 7-439d - Cost of living adjustment not limited by subsection (a) of section 7-436.
- Section 7-439e - Actuarial study by retirement board to determine cost impact of increases.
- Section 7-439f - Study concerning restructuring of fund.
- Section 7-439g - Optional forms of retirement income. Preretirement death benefit.
- Section 7-439h - Erroneous payments; adjustment; waiver of repayment; regulations.
- Section 7-440 - Contributions by members; interest; refunds to municipalities; payment to beneficiaries.
- Section 7-440a - Certain contributions by members treated as employer contributions.
- Section 7-441 - Contributions by municipalities.
- Section 7-441a - Contributions to remain at level in effect on June 30, 1980.
- Section 7-442 - Transfer from fund A to fund B.
- Section 7-442a - Transfer of retirement credit between municipalities.
- Section 7-442b - Transfer of retirement credit between municipal and state systems. Purchase of credit for prior state service.
- Section 7-442c - Credit for prior service with redevelopment agency.
- Section 7-442d - Transfer of members of fund A to fund B by resolution of legislative body. Effective date. Transfer of assets by State Treasurer.
- Section 7-442e - Credit for prior service with Connecticut Housing Authority.
- Section 7-443 - Initial rates of contribution by municipality.
- Section 7-444 - Withdrawal by a municipality.
- Section 7-445 - Liability of municipality.
- Section 7-446 - Assignments prohibited.
- Section 7-447 - Custody and investment of funds.
- Section 7-448 - Administration of part. Penalty for failure to provide necessary information to Retirement Commission.
- Section 7-449 - Effect of amendment or repeal of part.
- Section 7-450 - Establishment of pension and retirement systems or other past employment health and life benefit systems.
- Section 7-450a - Actuarial evaluation of pension and retirement systems or other postemployment health and life benefit systems.
- Section 7-450b - Cost of living allowance.
- Section 7-450c - Diminishment or reduction of rights or benefits under pension and retirement systems.
- Section 7-451 - Retroactive coverage.
- Section 7-452 - *(See end of section for amended versions of subdivisions (1) to (4), inclusive, and effective date.) Participation in federal Old Age and Survivors Insurance System: Definitions.
- Section 7-455 - Referendum.
- Section 7-456 - Deductions from wages.
- Section 7-457 - Agreement between commission and municipality.
- Section 7-458 - Refund of amounts recovered from federal government.
- Section 7-459 - Retroactivity.
- Section 7-459a - Survivors’ benefits authorized.
- Section 7-459b - Deferred retirement option plan. Adoption.
- Section 7-459c - Retiree group health insurance benefits. Restriction on diminishment or elimination.
- Section 7-460 - Compensation of officials and employees.
- Section 7-460a - Sick leave pay exclusion from Social Security contributions.
- Section 7-460b - Residency requirements.
- Section 7-460c - Compensatory time in lieu of overtime pay.
- Section 7-461 - Leave of absence for reserve corps field training.
- Section 7-461a - Leave of absence for specialized disaster relief services.
- Section 7-462 - Reinstatement of employees after military leave.
- Section 7-463 - Interest of state in employees’ bonds.
- Section 7-464 - Group insurance benefits for municipal employees, volunteer firefighters and volunteer ambulance personnel. Age discrimination.
- Section 7-464a - Deferred compensation plan for municipal employees. Administration. Option of participating in deferred compensation program for state employees.
- Section 7-464b - Agreements between municipalities and boards of education to provide employee medical or health care benefits.
- Section 7-465 - *(See end of section for amended version and effective date.) Assumption of liability for damage caused by employee of municipality or member of local emergency planning district. Joint liability of municipalities in district department of health or regional planning agency.
- Section 7-466 - Collective bargaining authorized.
- Section 7-467 - Collective bargaining. Definitions.
- Section 7-467a - Qualification of employee organization.
- Section 7-468 - Rights of employees and representatives. Duty of fair representation.
- Section 7-469 - Duty to bargain collectively.
- Section 7-470 - Prohibited acts of employers and employee organizations.
- Section 7-471 - Powers of State Board of Labor Relations.
- Section 7-471a - Supervisory employees not required to form employees association.
- Section 7-472 - Mediation by State Board of Mediation and Arbitration.
- Section 7-473 - Petition to State Board of Mediation and Arbitration for fact finding. Fact finder’s report and appearance before parties. Procedure for acceptance or rejection of report.
- Section 7-473a - Notice of expiration date of collective bargaining agreement. Notice of newly certified or recognized municipal employee organization. Filing; form.
- Section 7-473b - Mandatory timetable for negotiations. Appointment of mediator.
- Section 7-473c - Neutral Arbitrator Selection Committee. Panel of neutral arbitrators. Mandatory binding arbitration; procedure; apportionment of costs. Rejection of award by legislative body of the municipal employer. Second arbitration format.
- Section 7-474 - Negotiations and agreements between municipality and employee representatives. Federal approval. Elective binding arbitration; procedure; apportionment of costs.
- Section 7-475 - Strikes prohibited.
- Section 7-476 - Existing bargaining unit not altered during term of agreement.
- Section 7-477 - Payroll deductions of union dues authorized.
- Section 7-478 - Municipal employee member of civil service board or commission not to participate in certain matters.
- Section 7-478a - Municipalities participating in interlocal agreements deemed a municipal employer subject to collective bargaining.
- Section 7-478b - Collective bargaining agreement provision re closing of nonmunicipal offices on Martin Luther King Day.
- Section 7-478c - Reopening of certain collective bargaining agreements for compensation or exchange of benefits for observance of Martin Luther King Day.
- Section 7-478d - Duties of State Board of Mediation and Arbitration if no resolution.
- Section 7-478e - Mandatory binding arbitration for issues re observance of Martin Luther King Day. Panel of neutral arbitrators. Procedure. Criteria for decision. Apportionment of costs.
- Section 7-478f - Rejection of award by legislative body. Second arbitration format.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.