2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 7 - Municipalities
Chapter 93 - Registrars of Vital Statistics
Section 7-58 - Record of birth of child born outside United States.

CT Gen Stat § 7-58 (2012) What's This?

Any American citizen who becomes the parent of a child or children born outside the United States, and who was a resident of this state at the time of leaving the United States, may file, with the town clerk of the town in which the parents reside or resided, a certified copy of the record of birth of such child or children issued to the parents by an official authorized to issue such records of birth at the place of birth. When such certified copy has been filed, copies of such record of birth may be issued by such town clerk in the manner prescribed by law.

(1953, S. 233d; P.A. 01-163, S. 18.)

History: P.A. 01-163 deleted provisions re serving with the armed forces or in the employ of the United States government and added provisions re being a resident of this state at the time of leaving the United States.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.