2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 7 - Municipalities
Chapter 92 - Town Clerks
- Section 7-16 - Bond.
- Section 7-16a - Notice to Secretary of the State of appointment of town clerk, vacancy in appointed office of town clerk.
- Section 7-17 - Oath of town clerks.
- Section 7-18 - Neglect of duty.
- Section 7-19 - Assistant town clerks. Notice to Secretary of the State of appointment, vacancy.
- Section 7-20 - Acting town clerk.
- Section 7-21 - Town clerk pro tempore.
- Section 7-22 - Removal of town clerks.
- Section 7-22a - Certification program for town clerks.
- Section 7-23 - Records and copies.
- Section 7-24 - Recording of instruments; safekeeping of records; recording of illegible instruments; form of instruments.
- Section 7-25 - Index.
- Section 7-25a - Electronic indexing system.
- Section 7-26 - Errors to be corrected.
- Section 7-26a - Indemnification of clerk with respect to claims arising out of land record errors.
- Section 7-27 - Municipal records to be kept in fire-resistive vaults or safes.
- Section 7-27a - Destruction of original land records or instruments.
- Section 7-27b - Removal of Social Security number from document prior to recording on land records.
- Section 7-28 - Indexing of mechanic’s lien.
- Section 7-29 - Release or assignment of mortgage or lien. Recording of assignment of mortgage.
- Section 7-30 - Attachment of real estate.
- Section 7-31 - Maps of surveys and plots, filing requirements, copies.
- Section 7-32 - Index of surveys and maps.
- Section 7-32a to 7-32j - Reserved for future use.
- Section 7-32k - Property upon which hunting or shooting sports regularly take place. Placement of property location on list maintained by town clerk. Notice. Liability not imposed by section.
- Section 7-33 - Lists of transfers of taxable property.
- Section 7-33a - Issuance of certificates of authority of justices of peace, notaries and Superior Court commissioners.
- Section 7-34 - Fees.
- Section 7-34a - Fees.
- Section 7-34b - Accounting of fees required. Salary in lieu of fees.
- Section 7-35 - Preservation by town clerks of statutes, special acts and Register and Manual.
- Section 7-35a - Off-site storage of original documents. Requirements.
- Section 7-35b to 7-35z - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.