2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 7 - Municipalities
Chapter 103 - Municipal Sewerage Systems
Section 7-257 - Order to connect. Appeal.

CT Gen Stat § 7-257 (2012) What's This?

The water pollution control authority may order the owner of any building to which a sewerage system is available to connect such building with the system or order the owner to construct and connect the building to an alternative sewage treatment system. No such order shall be issued until after a public hearing with respect thereto after due notice in writing to such property owner. Any owner aggrieved by such an order may, within twenty-one days, appeal to the superior court for the judicial district wherein the municipality is located. Such appeal shall be brought to a return day of said court not less than twelve or more than thirty days after service thereof. The judgment of the court shall be final. If any owner fails to comply with an order to connect, the water pollution control authority shall cause the connection to be made and shall assess the expense thereof against such owner.

(1949 Rev., S. 737; 1949, S. 324d; 1971, P.A. 179, S. 3; P.A. 76-436, S. 287, 681; P.A. 78-154, S. 14; 78-280, S. 1, 127; P.A. 82-472, S. 17, 183; June 30 Sp. Sess. P.A. 03-6, S. 143.)

History: 1971 act required that appeal be made within 21 days of order and that return day be not less than 12 or more than 30 days after service rather than the “next” or “next but one” return day within the 21-day period after the order; P.A. 76-436 substituted superior court for court of common pleas, effective July 1, 1978; P.A. 78-154 substituted water pollution control authority for sewer authority; P.A. 78-280 deleted reference to “county”; P.A. 82-472 deleted obsolete reference to county as venue for superior court; June 30 Sp. Sess. P.A. 03-6 authorized a water pollution control authority to order the owner to construct and connect the building to an alternative sewage treatment system.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.