2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 7 - Municipalities
Chapter 103 - Municipal Sewerage Systems
Section 7-248 - Determination of compensation for property.

CT Gen Stat § 7-248 (2012) What's This?

Whenever the water pollution control authority is unable to agree with the owner of any property as to the compensation to be paid for the taking of such property, the water pollution control authority in the name of the municipality may, in the same manner specified for redevelopment agencies in accordance with sections 8-129 to 8-133, inclusive, determine such compensation and proceed in the acquisition and use of such property as provided therein.

(1949 Rev., S. 732; 1949, S. 315d; 1961, P.A. 517, S. 4; 1971, P.A. 870, S. 34; P.A. 76-436, S. 284, 681; P.A. 77-419; P.A. 78-154, S. 5.)

History: 1961 act removed obsolete reference to county treasurer, substituting state treasurer therefor; 1971 act substituted court of common pleas for superior court, effective September 1, 1971, except that courts with matters pending retain jurisdiction unless matters pending are transferable; P.A. 76-436 substituted superior court for court of common pleas, effective July 1, 1978; P.A. 77-419 deleted provisions concerning determination of compensation by common pleas court when property owner and authority disagree and replaced them with provision for determination as for redevelopment agencies; P.A. 78-154 substituted water pollution control authority for sewer authority.

Cited. 2 CA 355.

Cited. 39 CS 454.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.