2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 52 - Civil Actions
Chapter 895 - Civil Jurisdiction
- Section 52-1 - Administration of legal and equitable rights.
- Section 52-2 to 52-6a - Jurisdiction of justice of the peace and circuit, municipal and common pleas courts and divisions, generally. Appeals to appellate session of Superior Court; to Supreme Court.
- Section 52-7 - Transferred to Chapter 882, Sec. 51-197b.
- Section 52-8 and 52-9 - Jurisdiction of the court of common pleas for the judicial district of Waterbury. Civil actions in the Court of Common Pleas; where they may be brought or taken; exceptions.
- Section 52-9a - Transferred to Chapter 895, Sec. 52-25g.
- Section 52-9b - Civil jury sessions for the court of common pleas for New Haven County. Where held.
- Section 52-9c - Transferred to Chapter 895, Sec. 52-25h.
- Section 52-10 - Jurisdiction of the Superior Court. Actions against judgments of.
- Section 52-11 - Complaints for change of name. Exceptions re persons required to register with Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection as a sexual offender. Commissioner’s standing to challenge change of name.
- Section 52-12 - Jurisdiction over the sale of certain real property. Protection of unrepresented interests. Orders and decrees to be recorded.
- Section 52-13 - Protection of unrepresented interests.
- Section 52-14 - Jurisdiction of cases brought prior to October 1, 1955.
- Section 52-15 and 52-16 - Naturalization of aliens. Disposal of fees.
- Section 52-17 - Transferred to Chapter 890, Sec. 51-345a.
- Section 52-18 to 52-21 - Actions for partition or sale of property. Jurisdiction of foreclosure or redemption suits. Return of action brought by foreign corporation. Action by nonresident executor, trustee or administrator.
- Section 52-22 - Courts may pass title to real property by decree.
- Section 52-23 - Order to guardian to convey ward’s realty.
- Section 52-24 - Transferred to Chapter 890, Sec. 51-346.
- Section 52-25 to 52-28 - Venue matters. Concurrent jurisdiction of Common Pleas and Superior Courts.
- Section 52-29 - Superior Court may declare rights and legal relations.
- Section 52-30 and 52-31 - Transferred to Chapter 890, Secs. 51-347a and 51-347b, respectively.
- Section 52-32 - Transfer of causes brought to the wrong court.
- Section 52-32a - Transferred to Chapter 890, Sec. 51-351a.
- Section 52-33 to 52-36 - Transfer of causes between Superior and Common Pleas Court. Transfers after pretrial sessions and conferences. Fees in transferred actions. Consolidation of actions. Jury in consolidated cases.
- Section 52-36a - Claiming of cases to jury on consolidation of actions where not previously claimed.
- Section 52-37 and 52-37a - Transmission of files and papers; procedure. Consolidation of actions in Circuit Court and Common Pleas or Superior Court.
- Section 52-38 - Transferred to Chapter 898, Sec. 52-91a.
- Section 52-39 to 52-41 - Distinct claims; separate counts; jurisdiction. Several claims; jurisdiction of Common Pleas Court. Limited jurisdiction; judgment above limit.
- Section 52-42 - Transferred to Chapter 890, Sec. 51-345.
- Section 52-42a and 52-43 to 52-45 - Venue in actions involving security deposits. Venue where all parties nonresident. When justice action may be brought in adjoining town. Appeals from justice.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.