2012 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802d - Connecticut Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 45a-546 to 45a-556 - (Formerly Secs. 45-101 to 45-109b). Definitions. Methods of making gifts. Gift, devise or bequest to be irrevocable. Rights and powers granted custodian, issuers, transfer agents, brokers. Powers and duties of custodian. Reimbursement of custodian. Responsibility of issuer, transfer agent, bank, life insurance company, savings and loan association, credit union, broker or other person. Successor custodian. Registration of custodian. Petition for accounting. Construction. Not exclusive method of gift. Prior gifts of interests in real property. Custodial property held in custodianship which terminates after December 31, 1972, and before October 1, 1980.
- Section 45a-557 - Short title: Connecticut Uniform Transfers to Minors Act.
- Section 45a-557a - Definitions.
- Section 45a-557b - Scope and jurisdiction.
- Section 45a-558 - Nomination of custodian.
- Section 45a-558a - Transfer by gift or exercise of power.
- Section 45a-558b - Transfer authorized by will or trust.
- Section 45a-558c - Other transfer by fiduciary.
- Section 45a-558d - Transfer by obligor.
- Section 45a-558e - Receipt for custodial property.
- Section 45a-558f - Creation and transfer of custodial property. Designation of initial custodian. Control.
- Section 45a-558g - Single guardianship.
- Section 45a-558h - Validity and effect of transfer.
- Section 45a-558i - Care and control of custodial property.
- Section 45a-558j - Powers of custodian.
- Section 45a-558k - Use of custodial property. Distribution to a trust.
- Section 45a-559 - Custodian’s expenses, compensation and bond.
- Section 45a-559a - Exemption of third party from liability.
- Section 45a-559b - Liability to third persons.
- Section 45a-559c - Renunciation, resignation, death or removal of custodian. Designation of successor custodian.
- Section 45a-559d - Accounting by and determination of liability of custodian.
- Section 45a-559e - Termination of custodianship.
- Section 45a-560 - Applicability.
- Section 45a-560a - Effect on existing custodianships.
- Section 45a-560b - Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 45a-561 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.