2011 Connecticut Code
Title 53 Crimes
Chapter 939 Offenses Against the Person
- Secs. 53-9 and 53-10. Degrees of murder; trial. First degree murder, other homicides; death penalty or life imprisonment.
- Sec. 53-10a. Persons sentenced to life imprisonment prior to October 1, 1963.
- Secs. 53-11 to 53-19. Homicide or injuries to person punishable by imprisonment for life. Assault with intent to murder. Manslaughter. Maiming with intent to disfigure; robbery with violence; armed robbery. Assault with acid or other burning substance. Aggravated assault. Assault of Correction Department or Parole Board employee. Misconduct of railroad or railway servants or motor vehicle operators. Throwing or shooting at trains, engines, motor units, railroad cars; injury or destruction. Binding, or administering drugs with intent to commit crime.
- Sec. 53-20. Cruelty to persons.
- Sec. 53-21. Injury or risk of injury to, or impairing morals of, children. Sale of children.
- Sec. 53-21a. Leaving child unsupervised in place of public accommodation or motor vehicle.
- Sec. 53-22. Psychiatric examinations.
- Sec. 53-23. Abandonment of child under the age of six years.
- Sec. 53-23a. Hazing.
- Secs. 53-24 to 53-33. Taking or enticing away a child. Unlawful exhibition or employment of child. Abduction of child by either parent. Kidnapping. Assault with intent to rob. Attempt to procure miscarriage or abortion. Abortion or miscarriage: Fine. Encouraging the commission of abortion. Abortion or miscarriage inducement: Class D felony. Severability. Use of drugs or instruments to prevent conception. Penalty for unlawful operation.
- Sec. 53-34.
- Sec. 53-34a. Deprivation of rights of physically disabled and blind; class C misdemeanor.
- Sec. 53-34b. Deprivation of the right to breast-feed one's child.
- Sec. 53-35.
- Sec. 53-35a.
- Secs. 53-35b and 53-36. Posting of notices. Complaint to Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities; commission may issue complaint; damages.
- Sec. 53-36a.
- Sec. 53-36b.
- Sec. 53-36c. Counsel for commission.
- Sec. 53-36d.
- Sec. 53-37. Ridicule on account of race, creed or color.
- Sec. 53-37a. Deprivation of a person's civil rights by person wearing mask or hood: Class D felony.
- Sec. 53-37b. Deprivation of a person's equal rights and privileges by force or threat.
- Sec. 53-38. Fictitious notice of birth, marriage or death.
- Sec. 53-39. Malicious prosecution.
- Sec. 53-39a. Indemnification of state police, State Capitol police, certain special police and local police.
- Sec. 53-40. Blackmail.
- Sec. 53-41. Tattooing of persons restricted.
- Sec. 53-41a. Surveillance devices in dressing rooms prohibited.
- Sec. 53-41b. Ear piercing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.