2011 Connecticut Code
Title 52 Civil Actions
Chapter 895 Civil Jurisdiction
- Sec. 52-1. Administration of legal and equitable rights.
- Secs. 52-2 to 52-6a. Jurisdiction of justice of the peace and circuit, municipal and common pleas courts and divisions, generally. Appeals to appellate session of Superior Court; to Supreme Court.
- Sec. 52-7.
- Secs. 52-8 and 52-9. Jurisdiction of the court of common pleas for the judicial district of Waterbury. Civil actions in the Court of Common Pleas; where they may be brought or taken; exceptions.
- Sec. 52-9a.
- Sec. 52-9b. Civil jury sessions for the court of common pleas for New Haven County. Where held.
- Sec. 52-9c.
- Sec. 52-10. Jurisdiction of the Superior Court. Actions against judgments of.
- Sec. 52-11. Complaints for change of name. Exceptions re persons required to register with Commissioner of Public Safety as a sexual offender. Commissioner's standing to challenge change of name.
- Sec. 52-12. Jurisdiction over the sale of certain real property. Protection of unrepresented interests. Orders and decrees to be recorded.
- Sec. 52-13. Protection of unrepresented interests.
- Sec. 52-14. Jurisdiction of cases brought prior to October 1, 1955.
- Secs. 52-15 and 52-16. Naturalization of aliens. Disposal of fees.
- Sec. 52-17.
- Secs. 52-18 to 52-21. Actions for partition or sale of property. Jurisdiction of foreclosure or redemption suits. Return of action brought by foreign corporation. Action by nonresident executor, trustee or administrator.
- Sec. 52-22. Courts may pass title to real property by decree.
- Sec. 52-23. Order to guardian to convey ward's realty.
- Sec. 52-24.
- Secs. 52-25 to 52-28. Venue matters. Concurrent jurisdiction of Common Pleas and Superior Courts.
- Sec. 52-29. Superior Court may declare rights and legal relations.
- Secs. 52-30 and 52-31.
- Sec. 52-32. Transfer of causes brought to the wrong court.
- Sec. 52-32a.
- Secs. 52-33 to 52-36. Transfer of causes between Superior and Common Pleas Court. Transfers after pretrial sessions and conferences. Fees in transferred actions. Consolidation of actions. Jury in consolidated cases.
- Sec. 52-36a. Claiming of cases to jury on consolidation of actions where not previously claimed.
- Secs. 52-37 and 52-37a. Transmission of files and papers; procedure. Consolidation of actions in Circuit Court and Common Pleas or Superior Court.
- Sec. 52-38.
- Secs. 52-39 to 52-41. Distinct claims; separate counts; jurisdiction. Several claims; jurisdiction of Common Pleas Court. Limited jurisdiction; judgment above limit.
- Sec. 52-42.
- Secs. 52-42a and 52-43 to 52-45. Venue in actions involving security deposits. Venue where all parties nonresident. When justice action may be brought in adjoining town. Appeals from justice.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.