2011 Connecticut Code
Title 19a Public Health and Well-Being
Chapter 368m Nuisances and Public Places
- Sec. 19a-335. (Formerly Sec. 19-310). Nuisances on highways.
- Sec. 19a-336. (Formerly Sec. 19-311). Obstruction of watercourse.
- Sec. 19a-337. (Formerly Sec. 19-312). Rubbish deposited in streams.
- Sec. 19a-338. (Formerly Sec. 19-313). Obstruction of navigable waters.
- Sec. 19a-339. (Formerly Sec. 19-314). Obstructions in Connecticut River.
- Sec. 19a-340. (Formerly Sec. 19-315). Nuisances created by filthy water.
- Sec. 19a-341. Agricultural or farming operation not deemed a nuisance; exceptions. Spring or well water collection operation not deemed a nuisance.
- Sec. 19a-341a. Maintenance of swine gestation and farrowing barn. Permissible location.
- Sec. 19a-342. (Formerly Sec. 1-21b). Smoking prohibited. Exceptions. Signs required. Penalties.
- Sec. 19a-343. *(See end of section for amended version and effective date). Action to abate public nuisance after three or more arrests or arrest warrants. Offenses.
- Sec. 19a-343a. Commencement of action to abate public nuisance. Temporary ex parte order. Hearing. Defendants. Financial institutions. Affirmative defense.
- Sec. 19a-343b. Remedies and relief necessary to abate public nuisance.
- Sec. 19a-343c. Intentional violation of temporary order. Penalty.
- Sec. 19a-343d. Appointment of receiver. Powers and duties. Accounts. Removal by court. Final accounting. Liability of receiver.
- Sec. 19a-343e. Court orders re abatement of public nuisance. Jurisdiction. State shall post copy order and notice re penalty for removal or destruction of order. Modification or vacation of order. Bond. Application to close property. Order.
- Sec. 19a-343f. Dispossession or dislocation of tenants. Imposition of costs of prosecution and repairs upon defendant. Authorization by state to make repairs and alterations. Judgment lien against defendant. Intentional violation of court order.
- Sec. 19a-343g. Enforcement of court orders by inspectors of Division of Criminal Justice or state or municipal police officer. Indemnification of municipality for liabilities of municipal police officer deemed employee of state.
- Sec. 19a-343h. Availability of other remedies not bar to action to abate public nuisance.
- Sec. 19a-344.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.