2005 Connecticut Code - Sec. 19a-486. Sale of nonprofit hospitals: Definitions.
Sec. 19a-486. Sale of nonprofit hospitals: Definitions. For purposes of sections
19a-486 to 19a-486h, inclusive:
(2) "Purchaser" means a person acquiring any assets of a nonprofit hospital through a transfer.
(3) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, association or other entity.
(4) "Transfer" means to sell, transfer, lease, exchange, option, convey, give or otherwise dispose of or transfer control over, including, but not limited to, transfer by way of merger or joint venture not in the ordinary course of business.
(5) "Control" has the meaning assigned to it in section 36b-41.
(6) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Health Care Access.
(P.A. 97-188, S. 1, 10; P.A. 98-36, S. 4; P.A. 03-73, S. 1.)
History: P.A. 97-188 effective June 26, 1997; P.A. 98-36 made a technical correction, deleting reference to nonprofit health care center in Subdiv. (2); P.A. 03-73 added Subdiv. (6) defining "commissioner".
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.