2005 Connecticut Code - Chapter 368w — Removal of Life Support Systems (contains Secs. 19a-570 to 19a-580d)
- Sec. 19a-570. Definitions.
- Sec. 19a-571. Liability re removal of life support system of incapacitated patient. Consideration of wishes of patient.
- Sec. 19a-572. Failure to execute document creates no presumption re wishes of patient.
- Sec. 19a-573. Comfort care and pain alleviation to be provided. Documents executed prior to October 1, 1991.
- Sec. 19a-574. Nonapplicability to pregnant patient.
- Sec. 19a-575. Form of document.
- Sec. 19a-575a. Form of document re health care instructions, appointment of health care agent, attorney-in-fact for health care decisions, designation of conservator of the person for future incapacity and anatomical gift.
- Sec. 19a-576. Appointment of health care agent.
- Sec. 19a-577. Form of document re appointment of health care agent.
- Sec. 19a-578. Proof of living will document or document appointing health care agent out of court. Physician to make documents and oral communications re health care and withdrawal of life support systems part of medical record.
- Sec. 19a-579. Living will or appointment of health care agent becomes operative, when.
- Sec. 19a-579a. Revocation of living will or appointment of health care agent. Absence of knowledge of revocation.
- Sec. 19a-579b. Revocation of appointment of spouse as health care agent upon divorce or legal separation.
- Sec. 19a-580. Physician to notify certain persons prior to removal of life support system.
- Sec. 19a-580a. Transfer of patient when attending physician or health care provider unwilling to comply with wishes of patient.
- Sec. 19a-580b. Prohibition re requiring living will or appointment of health care agent as condition of treatment or health benefits.
- Sec. 19a-580c. Probate Court to resolve disputes re provisions concerning withholding or removal of life support system.
- Sec. 19a-580d. "Do not resuscitate" orders. Regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.