There is a newer version of this Section
2021 Colorado Code
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 12 - Offenses Relating to Firearms and Weapons
Part 2 - Permits to Carry Concealed Handguns
§ 18-12-208. Colorado Bureau of Investigation - Duties
Universal Citation: CO Code § 18-12-208 (2021)
- Upon receipt of a permit applicant's fingerprints from a sheriff pursuant to section 18-12-205 (4) or upon a sheriff's request pursuant to section 18-12-211 (1), the bureau shall process the full set of fingerprints to obtain any available state criminal justice information or federal information pursuant to section 16-21-103 (5), C.R.S., and shall report any information received to the sheriff. In addition, within ten days after receiving the fingerprints, the bureau shall forward one set of the fingerprints to the federal bureau of investigation for processing to obtain any available state criminal justice information or federal information.
- The bureau shall use the fingerprints received pursuant to this part 2 solely for the purposes of:
- Obtaining information for the issuance or renewal of permits; and
- Notifying an issuing sheriff that a permittee has been arrested for or charged with an offense that would require revocation or suspension of the permit or that a permittee has been convicted of such an offense.
- On or before January 15, 2004, and on or before January 15 each year thereafter until January 15, 2007, the bureau shall provide to the general assembly a list of the jurisdictions in which the sheriff provides to the bureau the names of persons to whom the sheriff issues permits.
History. Source: L. 2003: Entire part added, p. 644, § 1, effective May 17.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.