2020 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 11 - Financial Institutions
Article 50. Colorado Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
Editor's note: This article, formerly known as the "Colorado Uniform Gifts to Minors Act", was numbered as article 3 of chapter 125, C.R.S. 1963. The substantive provisions of this article were repealed and reenacted in 1984, resulting in the addition, relocation, and elimination of sections as well as subject matter. For amendments to this article prior to 1984, consult the Colorado statutory research explanatory note and the table itemizing the replacement volumes and supplements to the original volume of C.R.S. 1973 beginning on page vii in the front of this volume. Former C.R.S. section numbers are shown in editor's notes following those sections that were relocated.
Law reviews: For article, "Statutory Custodianship Trusts", see 13 Colo. Law. 786 (1984); for article, "Colorado Uniform Transfers to Minors Act", see 13 Colo. Law. 2223 (1984); for article, "Uniform State Laws of Interest to Colorado Probate Lawyers", see 14 Colo. Law. 1961 (1985); for article, "Anticipating Disabilities: Voluntary Planning Opportunities in Colorado", see 17 Colo. Law. 437 (1988); for article, "Standards of Prudent Investment for Minors Act Custodians", see 19 Colo. Law. 39 (1990); for article, "Current Issues Relating to Transfers to Minors", see 29 Colo. Law. 73 (Oct. 2000); for article, "Age Requirements in Colorado: A Guide for Estate Planners", see 34 Colo. Law. 87 (Aug. 2005); for article, "Retaining Control of Gifts to Minors: UTMA and IRC 2503(c) Trust Options", see 34 Colo. Law. 39 (Nov. 2005); for article, "The Uniform Transfers to Minors Act: Extending the Period of Protection", see 35 Colo. Law. 27 (Jan. 2006).
- Section 11-50-101. Short title.
- Section 11-50-102. Definitions.
- Section 11-50-103. Scope and jurisdiction.
- Section 11-50-104. Nomination of custodian.
- Section 11-50-105. Transfer by gift or exercise of power of appointment.
- Section 11-50-106. Transfer authorized by will or trust.
- Section 11-50-107. Other transfer by fiduciary.
- Section 11-50-108. Transfer by obligor.
- Section 11-50-109. Receipt for custodial property.
- Section 11-50-110. Manner of creating custodial property and effecting transfer designation of initial custodian - control.
- Section 11-50-111. Single custodianship.
- Section 11-50-112. Validity and effect of transfer.
- Section 11-50-113. Care of custodial property.
- Section 11-50-114. Powers of custodian.
- Section 11-50-115. Use of custodial property.
- Section 11-50-116. Custodian's expenses, compensation, and bond.
- Section 11-50-117. Exemption of third person from liability.
- Section 11-50-118. Liability to third persons.
- Section 11-50-119. Renunciation, resignation, death, or removal of custodian - designation of successor custodian.
- Section 11-50-120. Accounting by and determination of liability of custodian.
- Section 11-50-121. Termination of custodianship.
- Section 11-50-122. Applicability.
- Section 11-50-123. Effect on existing custodianships.
- Section 11-50-124. Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 11-50-125. Severability.
- Section 11-50-126. Prior transfers not affected.