2018 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 7 - Corporations and Associations
Article 58 - Uniform Limited Cooperative Association Act
Part 6 - Member's Interest in Limited Cooperative Association
§ 7-58-603. Transferability of member's interest
(1) Section 7-90-104 applies to this article.
(2) Unless the articles or bylaws otherwise provide, a member's interest other than financial rights is not transferable.
(3) Unless a transfer is restricted or prohibited by the articles or bylaws, a member may transfer its financial rights in the limited cooperative association.
(4) The terms of any restriction on transferability of financial rights must be:
(a) Set forth in the articles or bylaws and the member records of the association; and
(b) Conspicuously noted on any certificates evidencing a member's interest.
(5) A transferee of a member's financial rights, to the extent the rights are transferred, has the right to share in the allocation of profits or losses and to receive the distributions to the member transferring the interest to the same extent as the transferring member.
(6) A transferee of a member's financial rights does not become a member upon transfer of the rights unless the transferee is admitted as a member by the limited cooperative association.
(7) A limited cooperative association need not give effect to a transfer under this section until the association has notice of the transfer.
(8) A transfer of a member's financial rights in violation of a restriction on transfer contained in the articles or bylaws is ineffective as to a person having notice of the restriction at the time of transfer.