2018 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 25 - Public Health and Environment
Article 4 - Disease Control
Part 15 - Breast Cancer Screening
§ 25-4-1502. Definitions
- As used in this part 15, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) (Deleted by amendment, L. 95, p. 487, § 2, effective July 1, 1995.)
(2) "Board" means the state board of health.
(3) "Department" means the department of public health and environment.
(3.5) "Diagnostic screening" means the use of procedures including physical examinations, radiologic imaging, surgical techniques, and any new technologies approved by the board for detecting whether abnormalities of the breast are malignant or benign.
(4) "Fund" means the breast cancer screening fund established in section 25-4-1503.
(5) "Screening" means the conduct of physical examinations, visual inspections, or other medical tests exclusively for the purpose of ascertaining the existence of any physiological abnormality which might be indicative of the presence of disease. "Screening" includes diagnostic screening services.