2017 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 7 - Corporations and Associations
Article 45 - Toll Road Companies
§ 7-45-102. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Associated rail corridor" means a corridor for a proposed rail line and any related rail facilities necessary for the operation of a rail line that are to be located in the right-of-way of a toll road or toll highway.
(2) "Associated service area" means a gas station, restaurant, or other travel-related service that serves motorists using a toll road or toll highway.
(3) "Associated utility corridor" means a utility line or system and any related infrastructure used to convey gas, electricity, water, sewage, telecommunications signals, data, or other media located or to be located in the right-of-way of a toll road or toll highway.
(4) "Commenting state agencies" means the department of transportation, the department of public health and environment, the department of natural resources, the department of agriculture, and the department of local affairs.
(5) "Commercial, residential, and industrial development" means the development of offices, shops, stores, hotels, restaurants, bars, warehouses, factories, houses, apartments, condominiums, and other buildings and structures used for the sale and rental of goods or services, for the manufacture, fabrication, assembly, or storage of products, or for sleeping or dwelling.
(6) "Company" means a domestic corporation, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, limited liability limited partnership, limited partnership association, nonprofit association, nonprofit corporation, cooperative, or other organization or association that is created under a statute or common law of this state and that is recognized under the law of this state as a separate legal entity.
(7) "Filed formation document" means articles of incorporation, articles of organization, a certificate of limited partnership, articles of association, a statement of registration, or any other document of similar import filed by an entity with the secretary of state under which the entity is formed or obtains its legal status in this state.
(7.3) "New toll road or toll highway company" means a toll road or toll highway company that, as of June 2, 2008, has not specified and mapped a three-mile corridor in its filed formation document as was required by section 7-45-101 (1) before June 2, 2008.
(7.5) "Preexisting toll road or toll highway company" means a toll road or toll highway company that, as of June 2, 2008, had specified and mapped a three-mile corridor in its filed formation document as was required by section 7-45-101 (1) before June 2, 2008.
(8) "Toll road" or "toll highway" means a series of improvements, including but not limited to paving, grading, landscaping, curbs, gutters, culverts, sidewalks, bikeways, lighting, bridges, overpasses, underpasses, frontage roads, access roads, interchanges, drainage facilities, mass transit lanes, park and ride facilities, toll collection facilities, administrative or maintenance facilities, and emergency response and law enforcement services. Nothing in this article shall be construed to affect any common carrier, as defined in section 40-1-102 (3), C.R.S., including, but not limited to, any railroad. Any utility line, system, or infrastructure shall be subject to a reasonable fee and reasonable relocation provisions.
(9) "Toll road or toll highway company" means a company that proposes to construct a toll road or toll highway in this state under the provisions of this article.
(10) "Toll road or toll highway project" or "project" means a proposed toll road or toll highway together with any associated rail corridor, associated service area, or associated utility corridor.