2017 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 38 - Property - Real and Personal
Article 33 - Condominium Ownership Act
§ 38-33-103. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Condominium unit" means an individual air space unit together with the interest in the common elements appurtenant to such unit.
(2) "Declaration" is an instrument recorded pursuant to section 38-33-105 and which defines the character, duration, rights, obligations, and limitations of condominium ownership.
(3) Unless otherwise provided in the declaration or by written consent of all the condominium owners, "general common elements" means: The land or the interest therein on which a building or buildings are located; the foundations, columns, girders, beams, supports, main walls, roofs, halls, corridors, lobbies, stairs, stairways, fire escapes, entrances, and exits of such building or buildings; the basements, yards, gardens, parking areas, and storage spaces; the premises for the lodging of custodians or persons in charge of the property; installations of central services such as power, light, gas, hot and cold water, heating, refrigeration, central air conditioning, and incinerating; the elevators, tanks, pumps, motors, fans, compressors, ducts, and in general all apparatus and installations existing for common use; such community and commercial facilities as may be provided for in the declaration; and all other parts of the property necessary or convenient to its existence, maintenance, and safety, or normally in common use.
(4) "Individual air space unit" consists of any enclosed room or rooms occupying all or part of a floor or floors in a building of one or more floors to be used for residential, professional, commercial, or industrial purposes which has access to a public street.
(5) "Limited common elements" means those common elements designated in the declaration as reserved for use by fewer than all the owners of the individual air space units.