2017 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 15.5 - Fantasy Contests
§ 12-15.5-102. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Confidential information" means information related to the play of a fantasy contest by fantasy contest players obtained as a result of or by virtue of a person's employment.
(2) "Director" means the director of the division of professions and occupations within the department of regulatory agencies or his or her designee.
(3) "Entry fee" means cash or cash equivalents that are required to be paid by a fantasy contest player to a fantasy contest operator in order to participate in a fantasy contest.
(4) "Fantasy contest" means a fantasy or simulated game or contest in which:
(a) The value of all prizes and awards offered to winning participants is established and made known to the participants in advance of the contest;
(b) All winning outcomes reflect the relative knowledge and skill of the participants and are determined predominantly by accumulated statistical results of the performance of athletes in fully completed sporting events; except that a sporting event that has been called or suspended due to weather or any other natural or unforseen event is considered fully completed; and
(c) Winning outcomes are not based on randomized or historical events or on the score, point spread, or any performance of any single actual sports team or combination of such teams or solely on any single performance of an individual athlete in any single actual sporting event.
(5) "Fantasy contest operator" means a person or entity that offers fantasy contests with an entry fee for a cash prize to members of the public.
(6) "Fantasy contest player" means a person who participates in a fantasy contest with an entry fee offered by a fantasy contest operator.
(7) "Small fantasy contest operator" means a fantasy contest operator that has no more than seven thousand five hundred fantasy contest players in Colorado with active accounts who participate in fantasy contests with an entry fee.