2017 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 10 - Boxing
§ 12-10-110. Violations
(1) Civil penalties. The director may issue an order against any person who willfully violates this article, after providing prior notice and an opportunity for a hearing pursuant to section 24-4-105, C.R.S. The director may impose a civil penalty in an amount up to five thousand dollars for a single violation or twenty-five thousand dollars for multiple violations in a proceeding or a series of related proceedings.
(2) Criminal penalties. Any person who engages in or offers or attempts to engage in the conduct, promotion, or performance of live boxing matches without an active license or permit issued under this article commits a class 2 misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided in section 18-1.3-501, C.R.S., for the first offense, and, for the second or any subsequent offense, the person commits a class 6 felony and shall be punished as provided in section 18-1.3-401, C.R.S.
(3) Injunction. Whenever it appears to the director that a person has engaged or is about to engage in an act or practice that violates this article or a rule or order issued under this article, the director may bring an action to enjoin the acts or practices and to enforce compliance with this article or any rule or order.
(4) Enforcement. The commission and director may assist local law enforcement agencies in their investigations of violations of this article and may initiate and carry out such investigations in coordination with local law enforcement agencies.
(5) Judicial review. Final director actions and orders appropriate for judicial review may be judicially reviewed in the court of appeals in accordance with section 24-4-106 (11), C.R.S.