2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 8 - Labor and Industry
Labor I - Department of Labor and Employment
Article 13.5 - Workplace Accommodations for Nursing Mothers
§ 8-13.5-104. Right of nursing mothers to express breast milk in workplace - private location - discrimination prohibited
(1) An employer shall provide reasonable unpaid break time or permit an employee to use paid break time, meal time, or both, each day to allow the employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to two years after the child's birth.
(2) The employer shall make reasonable efforts to provide a room or other location in close proximity to the work area, other than a toilet stall, where an employee can express breast milk in privacy.
(3) An employer that makes reasonable efforts to accommodate an employee who chooses to express breast milk in the workplace shall be deemed to be in compliance with the requirements of this section.
(4) The department of labor and employment shall provide, on its website, information and links to other websites where employers can access information regarding methods to accommodate nursing mothers in the workplace. The department shall consult with appropriate organizations or associations to determine the appropriate information and website links to provide on the department's website so as to provide employers with the most accurate and useful information available.
(5) Before an employee may seek litigation for a violation of this section, there shall be nonbinding mediation between the employer and the employee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.