2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 40 - Utilities
Article 10.1 - Motor Carriers
Part 6 - Transportation Network Companies
§ 40-10.1-602. Definitions
As used in this part 6, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Personal vehicle" means a vehicle that is used by a transportation network company driver in connection with providing services for a transportation network company that meets the vehicle criteria set forth in this part 6.
(2) "Prearranged ride" means a period of time that begins when a driver accepts a requested ride through a digital network, continues while the driver transports the rider in a personal vehicle, and ends when the rider departs from the personal vehicle.
(3) "Transportation network company" means a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other entity, operating in Colorado, that uses a digital network to connect riders to drivers for the purpose of providing transportation. A transportation network company does not provide taxi service, transportation service arranged through a transportation broker, ridesharing arrangements, as defined in section 39-22-509 (1) (a) (II), C.R.S., or any transportation service over fixed routes at regular intervals. A transportation network company is not deemed to own, control, operate, or manage the personal vehicles used by transportation network company drivers. A transportation network company does not include a political subdivision or other entity exempted from federal income tax under section 115 of the federal "Internal Revenue Code of 1986", as amended.
(4) "Transportation network company driver" or "driver" means an individual who uses his or her personal vehicle to provide services for riders matched through a transportation network company's digital network. A driver need not be an employee of a transportation network company.
(5) "Transportation network company rider" or "rider" means a passenger in a personal vehicle for whom transport is provided, including:
(a) An individual who uses a transportation network company's online application or digital network to connect with a driver to obtain services in the driver's vehicle for the individual and anyone in the individual's party; or
(b) Anyone for whom another individual uses a transportation network company's online application or digital network to connect with a driver to obtain services in the driver's vehicle.
(6) "Transportation network company services" or "services" means the provision of transportation by a driver to a rider with whom the driver is matched through a transportation network company. The term does not include services provided either directly by or under contract with a political subdivision or other entity exempt from federal income tax under section 115 of the federal "Internal Revenue Code of 1986", as amended.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.