2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 38 - Property - Real and Personal
Tenants and Landlords
Article 12 - Tenants and Landlords
Part 2 - Mobile Home Park Act
§ 38-12-201.5. Definitions
As used in this part 2, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Home owner" means any person or family of such person owning a mobile home that is subject to a tenancy in a mobile home park under a rental agreement.
(1.5) "Management" or "landlord" means the owner or person responsible for operating and managing a mobile home park or an agent, employee, or representative authorized to act on said management's behalf in connection with matters relating to tenancy in the park.
(2) "Mobile home" means a single-family dwelling built on a permanent chassis designed for long-term residential occupancy and containing complete electrical, plumbing, and sanitary facilities and designed to be installed in a permanent or semipermanent manner with or without a permanent foundation, which is capable of being drawn over public highways as a unit, or in sections by special permit, or a manufactured home as defined in section 38-29-102 (6) if the manufactured home is situated in a mobile home park.
(3) "Mobile home park" or "park" means a parcel of land used for the continuous accommodation of five or more occupied mobile homes and operated for the pecuniary benefit of the owner of the parcel of land, his agents, lessees, or assignees. Mobile home park does not include mobile home subdivisions or property zoned for manufactured home subdivisions.
(4) "Mobile home space", "space", "mobile home lot" or "lot" means a parcel of land within a mobile home park designated by the management to accommodate one mobile home and its accessory buildings and to which the required sewer and utility connections are provided by the mobile home park.
(5) "Premises" means a mobile home park and existing facilities and appurtenances therein, including furniture and utilities where applicable, and grounds, areas, and existing facilities held out for the use of home owners generally or the use of which is promised to the home owner.
(6) "Rent" means any money or other consideration to be paid to the management for the right of use, possession, and occupation of the premises.
(7) "Rental agreement" means an agreement, written or implied by law, between the management and the home owner establishing the terms and conditions of a tenancy, including reasonable rules and regulations promulgated by the park management. A lease is a rental agreement.
(9) "Tenancy" means the rights of a home owner to use a space or lot within a park on which to locate, maintain, and occupy a mobile home, lot improvements, and accessory structures for human habitation, including the use of services and facilities of the park.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.