2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 24 - Government - State
State Assistance - Denver Convention Center
Article 83 - State Assistance - Denver Convention Center
§ 24-83-102. State assistance for payment of obligations
(1) In 1987, the general assembly authorized state assistance to the city and county of Denver in connection with land acquisition for the proposed Denver convention center, in accordance with the provisions of this article.
(2) A contract, referred to in this article as the "contract", to accomplish the provisions of this article was required to be and was negotiated between the city and county of Denver and the state of Colorado, acting through the department of personnel. The contract was required to contain as a minimum the requirements of this article which relate to the mutual obligations of the city and county of Denver and of the state, and the provisions of this article which relate to the obligations that continue after the completion of the state's payment obligations shall continue to be contained in a contract between the city and county of Denver and the state.
(3) The contract provides that the state was obligated to pay six million dollars to the city and county of Denver on July 1, 1988, and on July 1 of each year thereafter through July 1, 1993. The total of such payments was thirty-six million dollars.
(4) The contract provides that amounts paid to the city and county of Denver pursuant to subsection (3) of this section were required to be applied for the payment of the obligations of the city and county in connection with its acquisition of land as the site for the proposed Denver convention center.
(5) and (6) (Deleted by amendment, L. 94, p. 497, § 1, effective March 31, 1994.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.