2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 24 - Government - State
Article 32 - Department of Local Affairs
Part 1 - Division of Local Government
§ 24-32-116. Inventory of local governmental entities - information required - definitions
(1) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Agent" means:
(I) For a special district created pursuant to title 32, C.R.S., the special district's designated local government contact person, as reported annually by the special district and included in the database by the department; or
(II) For all other local governmental entities, a person designated by a local governmental entity to receive a filing of a notice of claim pursuant to section 24-10-109 (3).
(b) "Department" means the department of local affairs.
(c) "Inventory" means the online database of active local governments maintained by the department as of August 8, 2012.
(d) "Local governmental entity" means a city, county, city and county, special district, school district, or other unit of local government.
(2) (a) The department shall update and expand the inventory and any associated forms or documents as necessary to obtain and integrate, for each local governmental entity, the information described in subsection (3) of this section.
(b) Nothing in this section precludes the department from including additional information in the inventory.
(3) (a) No later than twelve months after August 8, 2012, each local governmental entity in the state shall provide the following information to the department, which shall include the same in the inventory:
(I) The official name of the local governmental entity;
(II) The principal address of the local governmental entity;
(III) If other than the principal address, the mailing address of the local governmental entity;
(IV) The name of the local governmental entity's agent; and
(V) The mailing address of the agent.
(b) A local governmental entity shall update any information provided pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (3) as required by the department. Failure to update the information provided pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (3) renders any notice of a claim pursuant to section 24-10-109 to the last local governmental entity's agent in the inventory valid as a matter of law.
(4) The department shall make the inventory accessible from the department's web site.
(5) Nothing in this section precludes the filing of a notice of claim or the service of process on any person authorized by law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.