2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 24 - Government - State
Article 90 - Libraries
Part 5 - Library Capital Facilities Districts
§ 24-90-503. Definitions
As used in this part 5, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the board of trustees of a facilities district created pursuant to this part 5.
(2) "Facilities district" means a library capital facilities district organized by a library district pursuant to this part 5 to provide library capital facilities within a library capital facilities area.
(3) "Governing body" for the purposes of this part 5, means the board of trustees of a library district forming an area pursuant to this part 5.
(4) "Library capital facilities" means any real or personal property, improvement, or facility, including, without limitation, land, buildings, site improvements, equipment, furnishings, or collections, that are directly related to any service that a library district is authorized to provide, together with any necessary costs related to the acquisition, construction, installation, operation, or maintenance of such property, improvement, or facility.
(5) "Library capital facilities area" means the geographical division within a library district that is described in the resolution establishing a facilities district pursuant to this part 5. Notwithstanding any provision in this subsection (5) to the contrary, the library capital facility area may include a location designated by the library district, after public notice and hearing, as a location for the siting of new library capital facilities.
(6) "Library district" has the same meaning as set forth in section 24-90-103 (6).
(7) "Net effective interest rate" means the net interest cost of securities divided by the sum of the products derived by multiplying the principal amount of the securities maturing on each maturity date by the number of years from their date to their respective maturities. In all cases, the net effective interest rate shall be computed without regard to any option of redemption prior to the designated maturity dates of the securities.
(8) "Net interest cost" means the total amount of interest to accrue on securities from their date to their respective maturities, less the amount of any premium above par, or plus the amount of any discount below par, at which said bonds are being or have been sold. In all cases, the net interest cost shall be computed without regard to any option of redemption prior to the designated maturity dates of the securities.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.