2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 24 - Government - State
Article 37.5 - Office of Information Technology
Part 4 - Information Security
§ 24-37.5-402. Definitions
As used in this part 4, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Availability" means the timely and reliable access to and use of information created, generated, collected, or maintained by a public agency.
(3) "Confidentiality" means the preservation of authorized restrictions on information access and disclosure, including the means for protecting personal privacy and proprietary information.
(4) "Department of higher education" means the Colorado commission on higher education, collegeinvest, the Colorado student loan program, the Colorado college access network, the private occupational school division, and the state historical society.
(5) "Information security" means the protection of communication and information resources from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction in order to:
(a) Prevent improper information modification or destruction;
(b) Preserve authorized restrictions on information access and disclosure;
(c) Ensure timely and reliable access to and use of information; and
(d) Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
(6) "Information security plan" means the plan developed by a public agency pursuant to section 24-37.5-404.
(7) "Institution of higher education" means a state-supported institution of higher education.
(8) "Integrity" means the prevention of improper information modification or destruction and ensuring information nonrepudiation and authenticity.
(8.5) "Joint technology committee" means the joint technology committee created in section 2-3-1702, C.R.S.
(9) "Public agency" means every state office, whether executive or judicial, and all of its respective offices, departments, divisions, commissions, boards, bureaus, and institutions. "Public agency" does not include institutions of higher education or the general assembly.
(10) "Security incident" means an accidental or deliberate event that results in or constitutes an imminent threat of the unauthorized access, loss, disclosure, modification, disruption, or destruction of communication and information resources.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.