2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 22 - Education
Financial Policies and Procedures
Article 43 - Refunding Bonds
§ 22-43-102. Refunding bonds may be issued
(1) Any school district in this state may issue negotiable coupon bonds to be denominated refunding bonds for the purpose of refunding any of the bonded indebtedness of such district, whether said indebtedness is due or not due, or has or may hereafter become payable or redeemable at the option of such district, or by consent of the bondholders, or by any lawful means, whether such bonded indebtedness be now existing or may hereafter be created.
(2) The bonded indebtedness of any district outstanding at the time of the inclusion of all such district's territory in another district, by reorganization, consolidation, dissolution, or any other lawful means, may be refunded by action of the board of the district including such territory at the time of such refunding, whether or not such indebtedness has been assumed by the district including such territory.
(3) When an entire district having outstanding bonded indebtedness has been divided and parts thereof included within two or more other districts by any lawful means, the refunding of such indebtedness shall require affirmative action by a majority of the members of the boards of each of the districts within which any part of the territory of such district owing said indebtedness is then included, except as is provided in this article to the contrary.
(4) The bonded indebtedness of any school district outstanding at the time any territory of said district is detached therefrom by any lawful means, and which district has retained its lawful corporate existence subsequent to the detachment of such territory from said district, may be refunded by action of the board of such district from which territory has been detached with or without concurrence or action by the board of the district within which said detached territory is included, and such districts from which territory has been detached and which retain their corporate existence subsequent to detachment are specifically exempted from the requirements and provisions of subsection (3) of this section.
(5) Any such refunding bonds may be issued to refund any issues of outstanding bonds; but no two or more issues of outstanding bonds may be refunded by a single issue of refunding bonds unless the taxable property upon which tax levies are being made for payment of each such outstanding issue of bonds is identical to the taxable property on which such levies are being made for the payment of all other outstanding bonds proposed to be refunded by such single issue of refunding bonds.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.