2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 22 - Education
Financial Policies and Procedures
Article 42 - Bonded Indebtedness
§ 22-42-101. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board of education" or "board" means the governing body authorized by law to administer the affairs of any school district.
(2) "Eligible elector" means a person who has complied with the registration provisions of article 2 of title 1, C.R.S., and who resides within the jurisdiction of the political subdivision calling the election.
(3) "Net effective interest rate" of a proposed issue of bonds means the net interest cost of the issue divided by the sum of the products derived by multiplying the principal amount of such issue maturing on each maturity date by the number of years from the date of said proposed bonds to their respective maturities. In all cases the net effective interest rate shall be computed without regard to any option of redemption prior to the designated maturity dates of the bonds.
(4) "Net interest cost" of a proposed issue of bonds means the total amount of interest to accrue on said bonds from their date to their respective maturities, plus the amount of any discount below par, or less the amount of any premium above par at which said bonds are being or have been sold. In all cases the net interest cost shall be computed without regard to any option of redemption prior to the designated maturity dates of the bonds.
(4.5) "Pupil enrollment count day" has the same meaning as set forth in section 22-54-103 (10.5).
(5) "Registered elector" means an elector who has complied with the registration provisions of this article.
(6) "School district" or "district" means a school district organized and existing pursuant to law or a joint taxation district organized and existing pursuant to part 2 of article 30 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.