2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 5 - Offenses Involving Fraud
Part 7 - Financial Transaction Device Crime Act
§ 18-5-705. Criminal possession or sale of a blank financial transaction device
(1) A person commits criminal possession or sale of a blank financial transaction device if, without the authorization of the issuer or manufacturer, he has in his possession or under his control or receives from another person, with intent to use, deliver, circulate, or sell it or with intent to cause the use, delivery, circulation, or sale of it, or sells any financial transaction device which has not been embossed or magnetically encoded with the name of the account holder, personal identification code, expiration date, or other proprietary institutional information.
(2) Criminal possession of a blank financial transaction device is a class 6 felony.
(3) Criminal possession of two or more blank financial transaction devices is a class 5 felony.
(4) Delivery, circulation, or sale of one blank financial transaction device is a class 5 felony.
(5) Delivery, circulation, or sale of two or more blank financial transaction devices is a class 3 felony.
(6) For purposes of this section, a blank financial transaction device is one that has at least one or more characteristics of a financial transaction device but does not contain all of the characteristics of a completed financial transaction device.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.