2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 16 - Criminal Proceedings
Code of Criminal Procedure
Article 13 - Special Proceedings
Part 9 - Community Notification Concerning Sexually Violent Predators
§ 16-13-902. Definitions
As used in this part 9, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Department" means the department of corrections created in section 24-1-128.5, C.R.S.
(2) "Management board" means the sex offender management board created in section 16-11.7-103.
(3) "Parole board" means the state board of parole created in section 17-2-201, C.R.S.
(4) "Sex offender" means a person sentenced pursuant to part 10 of article 1.3 of title 18, C.R.S.
(5) "Sexually violent predator" means a sex offender who is identified as a sexually violent predator pursuant to section 18-3-414.5, C.R.S., or who is found to be a sexually violent predator or its equivalent in any other state or jurisdiction, including but not limited to a military or federal jurisdiction. For purposes of this subsection (5), "equivalent", with respect to an offender found to be a sexually violent predator or its equivalent, means a sex offender convicted in another state or jurisdiction, including but not limited to a military, tribal, territorial, or federal jurisdiction, who has been assessed or labeled at the highest registration and notification levels in the jurisdiction where the conviction was entered and who satisfies the age, date of offense, and conviction requirements for sexually violent predator status pursuant to Colorado law.
(6) "Technical assistance team" means the group of persons established by the division of criminal justice pursuant to section 16-13-906 to assist local law enforcement in carrying out community notification and to provide general community education concerning sex offenders.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.