2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 16 - Criminal Proceedings
Code of Criminal Procedure
Article 11.8 - Management of Domestic Violence Offenders
§ 16-11.8-102. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the domestic violence offender management board created in section 16-11.8-103.
(2) "Domestic violence offender" means any person who on or after January 1, 2001, has been convicted of, pled guilty to, or received a deferred judgment and sentence for any domestic violence offense as defined in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) "Domestic violence offense" means any crime the underlying factual basis of which includes an act of domestic violence as defined in section 18-6-800.3 (1), C.R.S.
(4) "Treatment" means counseling, monitoring, and supervision of any domestic violence offender that conforms to the standards created by the board pursuant to section 16-11.8-103.
(5) "Treatment evaluation" means a determination of treatment amenability as recommended by a domestic violence evaluator approved by the domestic violence offender management board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.