2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 13 - Courts and Court Procedure
Fees and Salaries
Article 33 - Fees of Jurors and Witnesses
§ 13-33-103. Mileage fees of jurors and witnesses
(1) All jurors entitled to compensation for mileage in accordance with the "Colorado Uniform Jury Selection and Service Act", article 71 of this title, and all witnesses shall receive, in counties of every class, the same base mileage allowance amount as provided for state officers and employees under section 24-9-104, C.R.S., for each mile actually and necessarily traveled in going from his or her place of residence to the place named in the summons or subpoena and in returning to such place of residence.
(2) No officer of the courts, in which the cause is pending and on which he is in actual attendance in his official capacity, including clerks, sheriffs, bailiffs, jurors, and police officers, shall be entitled to witnesses' fees or mileage as a witness in any criminal case.
(3) No witness before a coroner, commissioner, or magistrate shall be allowed fees unless such witness claims the same under oath before the adjournment of the court.
(4) No witness in any court of record shall be allowed fees unless such witness claims the same under oath, then only for the number of days such witness actually attended such court in the capacity of a witness.
(5) No witness testifying in more than one criminal case on the same day shall be entitled to receive fees as a witness for more than one day by reason thereof, nor more than one day's attendance on any day, though attending in several cases.
(6) The mileage fee shall not be paid to any witness who at the time of testifying is in the legal custody of any state or federal agency or any local law enforcement agency and whose transportation to court is provided at government expense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.