2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 42.5 - Pharmacists, Pharmacy Businesses, and Pharmaceuticals
Part 3 - Wholesalers
§ 12-42.5-306. Records - study - authentication - pedigree - rules
(1) A wholesaler shall establish and maintain inventories and records of all transactions regarding the receipt and distribution or other disposition of prescription drugs. The records must include the pedigree for each wholesale distribution of a prescription drug that occurs outside the normal distribution channel.
(2) A wholesaler in the possession of a pedigree for a prescription drug shall verify that each transaction on the pedigree has occurred prior to distributing the prescription drug.
(3) A pedigree shall include all necessary identifying information concerning each sale in the chain of distribution of the product from the manufacturer or the first authorized distributor of record through the acquisition and sale by a wholesaler until final sale to a pharmacy or other person dispensing or administering the prescription drug. The pedigree shall include, at a minimum:
(a) The name, address, telephone number, and, if available, the electronic mail address of each owner of the prescription drug and each wholesaler of the drug;
(b) The name and address of each location from which the prescription drug was shipped, if different from that of the owner;
(c) The transaction dates;
(d) Certification that each recipient has authenticated the pedigree;
(e) The name of the prescription drug;
(f) The dosage form and strength of the prescription drug;
(g) The size and number of containers;
(h) The lot number of the prescription drug; and
(i) The name of the manufacturer of the finished dosage form.
(4) A purchaser or wholesaler shall maintain each pedigree for three years after the date of the sale or transfer of the prescription drug and shall make the pedigree available for inspection or use within five business days upon the request of an authorized law enforcement officer or an authorized agent of the board.
(5) This section does not apply to a retail pharmacy or chain pharmacy warehouse if the retail pharmacy or chain pharmacy warehouse does not engage in the wholesale distribution of prescription drugs.
(6) The board shall adopt rules as necessary for the implementation of this part 3.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.