2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 39 - Nursing Home Administrators
§ 12-39-102. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the board of examiners of nursing home administrators.
(2) "Nursing home administrator" means any individual licensed and responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operation of a nursing home or who in fact performs such functions, whether or not such functions are shared by one or more other persons.
(3) "Nursing home administrator-in-training" means an individual registered with the board pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(4) "Nursing home facility" shall have the same meaning as that set forth in section 25-1-1002, C.R.S., and shall include nursing care facilities, whether proprietary or nonprofit, which are licensed under section 25-1.5-103 (1) (a) (I), C.R.S., or pursuant to the rules for nursing homes promulgated by the department of public health and environment. The term "nursing home" includes but is not limited to nursing homes owned or administered by the state government or any agency or political subdivision thereof.
(5) "Practice of nursing home administration" means the planning, organizing, directing, and control of the operation of a nursing home.
(6) "Reasonable grounds" means facts and circumstances sufficiently strong to warrant a prudent person to believe that the facts and circumstances are true.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.