2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 9 - Bingo and Raffles Law
Part 1 - General Provisions
§ 12-9-104.5. Landlord licensees - stipulations
(1) No person except a landlord licensee shall rent or offer to rent to any bingo-raffle licensee any premises to be used to conduct games of chance. A lease of the premises for a bingo occasion shall be for a period of at least five consecutive hours unless the landlord licensee and bingo-raffle licensee agree to a shorter or longer period. The amount of rent to be charged, and the method used to calculate such rent, shall be established by agreement between the parties.
(2) No landlord licensee or any employee of a landlord licensee shall require, induce, or coerce a bingo-raffle licensee to enter into any contract, agreement, or lease contrary to the provisions of this article.
(3) No landlord licensee or any employee of a landlord licensee shall require, induce, or coerce a bingo-raffle licensee to purchase supplies or equipment, or to purchase or lease electronic devices used as aids in the game of bingo, from a particular supplier, distributor, or manufacturer as a condition of conducting games of chance at a commercial bingo facility.
(4) Rent charged to a bingo-raffle licensee by a landlord licensee for the use of a commercial bingo facility shall cover all expenses and items reasonably necessary for the use of the commercial bingo facility for a bingo occasion including, but not limited to, insurance and maintenance for such facility, adequate and secure storage space, restrooms, janitorial services, and utilities.
(5) No activity or business other than licensed games of chance may be conducted in a commercial bingo facility within space leased to a bingo-raffle licensee during the time allocated to the bingo-raffle licensee with the exception of the sale of food, beverages, bingo-related merchandise and supplies, the operation of an automated cash service device, and such other activities and businesses as the bingo-raffle licensee may agree to. A landlord licensee may conduct other businesses and activities in space not included in the bingo-raffle licensee's rental agreement and in which games of chance are not held.
(6) No landlord licensee or any employee or agent of a landlord licensee shall be a party responsible for or assisting with the conduct, management, or operation of any game of chance within Colorado; except that a landlord licensee that is also a bingo-raffle licensee may conduct such activities as its bingo-raffle license allows exclusively on its own behalf.
(7) Notwithstanding subsection (6) of this section, a landlord, supplier, or manufacturer licensee may instruct and train a bingo-raffle licensee in the repair, operation, and maintenance of bingo-raffle equipment, subject to specific criteria established by rule.
(8) Every landlord licensee shall file with the licensing authority all leases, agreements, and other documents required in order for a bingo-raffle licensee to lease its commercial bingo facility.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.