2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 12 - Professions and Occupations
Article 5.5 - Hearing Aid Providers
Part 1 - General Provisions
§ 12-5.5-101. Definitions
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Applicant" means a person applying for licensure under this article.
(2) "Apprentice" means a person who holds a current license as an apprentice pursuant to this article.
(3) "Director" means the director of the division or the director's designee.
(4) "Dispense", with regard to a hearing aid, means to sell or transfer title, possession, or the right to use by lease, bailment, or any other method. The term does not apply to wholesale transactions with distributors or dealers.
(5) "Division" means the division of professions and occupations in the department of regulatory agencies.
(6) (a) "Hearing aid" means a wearable device designed or offered to be customized for the purpose of compensating for impaired human hearing and includes:
(I) Any parts, attachments, or accessories to the instrument or device, as defined in rules adopted by the director; and
(II) Ear molds, excluding batteries and cords.
(b) The term does not include a surgically implanted hearing device.
(7) "Hearing aid provider" means a person engaged in the practice of dispensing, fitting, or dealing in hearing aids.
(8) "Licensee" means a person who holds a current license as a hearing aid provider pursuant to this article.
(9) "Practice of dispensing, fitting, or dealing in hearing aids" includes:
(a) Selecting and adapting hearing aids for sale;
(b) Testing human hearing for purposes of selecting and adapting hearing aids for sale; and
(c) Making impressions for ear molds and counseling and instructing prospective users for purposes of selecting, fitting, adapting, or selling hearing aids.
(10) "Surgically implanted hearing device" means a device that is designed to produce useful hearing sensations to a person with a hearing impairment and that has, as one or more components, a unit that is surgically implanted into the ear, skull, or other interior part of the body. The term includes any associated unit that may be worn on the body.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Colorado may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.